fake £1 coin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In a related story. The relationship between Canada and the US is, in most cases good. Except when it comes to exchanging coins and bills. If I go accross the boarder and buy me a pint at the local pub, of course they are going to give me Candian change. Well I better spend it before I cross back over the border. All US banks and busnesses refuse to accept Canadian tender. It's just nut's. I've tried. Pipe up if you can explain why this is so. Seems dumb as heck if you ask me.:confused:

All through Blaine, Birch Bay and a few places in Bellingham and the surrounding areas accept CAD. Canadians are big part of the economy.

I think we're getting close to politics here. Let's keep it clean.

True! And I've gotten more than a few Canadian quarters back as change further south than there. Just repaved the Bellingham airport last summer... did you know more Canadians use that airport than Americans?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
We get a lot of Quebecois heading to Cape Cod for summer vacation as well as many points further north here in MA and Southern NH. (Newburyport on the MA north shore where I used to live is also a favorite place for summer tourists, many from Canada.)

Many also immigrated here in the early 20th century, many cities here have large communities descended from Quebecois.

...further to the Irish and cash handling...

Hmmm..... then maybe there is some profit in it.

In a funny aside. I was in London a few weeks ago, and as a gag tried to pay at the local Tesco with a US $20 bill. The young cashier said "Sorry, we can't take Irish money."

From the absolutely brilliant Spike Milligan's "Puckoon"

"Where the hell is Puckoon?" Webster was about to ask, when there was a combined knocking and opening of the door, the speciality of landladies in need of scandal, as was Mrs Cafferty: standing there, her bones almost escaping from her body, she smiled a great mouthful of rotten teeth, a salute to poverty and indifferent dentistry.
"I'm sorry yer goin' at such short notice," she grinned, and handed the bill to Barrington.
"Two pounds?"
"That's one pound in lieu of a week's notice, sir."
Barrington placed his cigarette on the window sill and took a five pound note from a registered envelope. From `Mummy'.
"Oh," said Mrs Cafferty, "I'm sorry, we don't take cheques, sir."
"Cheques? This is a five pound note."
Confused and baffled by her ignorance of the higher currency denominations, she backed from the room, clutching the front of her flowered apron.
"I'll bring me husband up, he knows all about dem tings."

As people have said, forging money is not much different from quantitative easing - both are forms of theft.

"Qe^nth" has been a popular term in the US gov-medias, causing devaluation of our currency and to everyone else in the world who is holding it. Stealing from such a large part of the world economy in such an underhanded way doesn't bode well for foreign policy.:mad:

More spending anyone? I think there are a few aspects of our lives that is not yet dependent on some sort of government financing. Its like a train rolling down a hill with no brakes.....:whazzat:

:vampire:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.