It's too damn quiet!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It works , I even let someone DL a 2.3GB .iso off of it.
It's getting bigger , the "tree" is growing. http://69.138.150.33/WEBSITE/New_material/

Had to "upgrade" .. win 7 was a bloated pig. Now it is stripped/lite , uses 280m normal -400+ with everything (32 processes / 4 gigs in size)

OS

Attachments

• allisgood.jpg
    allisgood.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Interesting that your screen cap grabs both monitors.

The right half is the 37" lcd panasonic TV. :) Win 7 has a bug with a TV/monitor combo in dualscreen mode. Nvidia's (the video card) control panel won't show the TV , win7's initially won't either. The "fix" is to force win7's dualscreen control to output to the second video channel , clone the desktop (1/2 in win7).

When you go back to Nvidia's multi-monitor setup ,the 2'nd monitor magically appears and can be individually setup. (below 1) is "Chronicles of riddick" 1080P with 5.1 surround. No blue ray , but a 2.5gig DivX rip (compressed). 12% usage for that much AV data is good for the first intel dual core CPU (2005 conroe). This is why I need that 200W mongrel amp ... as it can level objects in the room for real movie sound. I need a couple smaller cases to make 2 more amps for MORE surround sound.
Win 7 is a real winner ... once you yank the B$ out of it.

Print screen should capture a whole desktop (including a movie) unless the video or movie is using the wrong renderer. A cloned desktop on some video cards and some OS's will show as a single desktop. An extended one will show as a very wide screenshot (2400 pixel+). I have not used a CD player or DVD in over 8 years ... see no need to. (3271 movies / 121,000 songs).

OS

Attachments

• htpc.jpg
    htpc.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 68
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.