Why doesn't DIYAUDIO have a klippel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering why DIY audio does not have a klippel machine to test drivers. The guys at DIYMA have a klippel and have been testing drivers and putting up the info for all to use. If we had someone willing to test drivers and post info we could bring the level of all of our speaker designs to a new level. We could also build a library in detailed information on each driver for quick reference.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Are you thinking that diyAudio is a place or an organization? It's not, you know. It's a forum. You've been here long enough to know that, right?

Who would own the Klippel, where would it live? How would it be paid for?

You guys can send me the drivers, too. And a hot 18 year old model. Make that two hot 18 year old models. And some 18 year Macallan. And an ounce of Hawaii's best. I'll get a report out to you in, oh, maybe a year or so. Maybe. No promises.

SY,
You're nothing but an unrepentant hedonist of the worst kind, unlike that fine fellow DJNUBZ, who has volunteered to do all this out of the goodness of his heart. Don't you feel ashamed of yourself?

You Sir, are a Cad!
:bomb:

Disgusted in Seattle,
TerryO

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
what? you don't have one? Jack Hidley usually brings his to Burning Amp. Don't know about this year though...

Basically a rack to hold the driver , a laser pointed at the center of the driver a few inches away, and a couple of black boxes that use the laser (doppler effect?) to determine the location of the cone over moments in time and then chart how it was moving (I think)

I'm quite sure that they are quite expensive

Last edited:
what? you don't have one? Jack Hidley usually brings his to Burning Amp. Don't know about this year though...

Basically a rack to hold the driver , a laser pointed at the center of the driver a few inches away, and a couple of black boxes that use the laser reflection to determine the location of the cone at any given time and then chart how it was moving (I think)

I'm quite sure that they are quite expensive

It seems that I, overwhelmed by the generosity of my new best friend DJNUBZ, have unintentionally misled my brother from the Frozen North, Cal Weldon.

I therefore yield to Cal, the decision as to which drivers DJ should test first.

Best Regards,
TerryO

You guys brightened my day. The best part was from panomaniac. I actually drove a 1993 Mercury Capri in high school. That exact same color. Kinda a little scary how close to home that hits. Are you stalking me

If DIYAUDIO wants to send me a Klippel I would test speakers sent to me. If that doesn't work out....why don't we all start talking to the guys at DIYMA and see if they would test some drivers from us.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.