Not open for further replies.
the real Phred?

or could it be:

Attachments

• cotton.gif
    cotton.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 371
fred is right

Although I understand why the euros love giving it to us for not being cultural. Truth is.. .our culture is a combination of yours!! Its not like the people who came to America dropped all traditions and became a bland piece of a faceless society. We are a melting pot of traditions. Of my eight neighbors (cardinal directions) I have a family of muslims, a jew, two african, families, a football player originally from the projects, two christian families, and an artist from amsterdam. The greatest thing is that we are all open with our beliefs and no one has problems with one anothers customs. I would take this diversification over what I found to be quite the opposite overseas.

I don't mean to sound negative as I love to visit more of europe, but this is my American viewpoint.

fdegrove said:
Hi,

This is not your average European responding....my response is quite clearly: nothing good ever came from America.

In other words Americans: take your platitudes home where they belong, we want to be able to develop our own culture, yours is so low class it's not even worthy of the nomen "culture".

Anything America or it's "culture" has ever done is degrade whatever Europe had.
That so called American Culture has no, I repeat no value at all.

The only thing they want you to do is to consume...ad infinitum.

Cheers,

;)

WOW. And I thought I was the biggest belgian US-critic here :)

I do agree that popular American culture isn't really of a high standard. But is our popular culture? I don't think so.

Some great pictures came from the US. The last 20 years there aren't many good mainstream pictures comming from the US, just because the studios are affraid to take any risks.
Just a few days ago I watched Taxi Driver again and was thinking that a movie like that would'nt be made anymore.

But outside the mainstream, there is some good art made in the US.
You can find art everywhere in the world if you look for it.

Re: Whoops!

Fred Dieckmann said:
"The picture was named B&B."

That reminds me...... I haven't had lunch with that cutie lately!

Enclosed is a picture of a statue next to the restaurant where the picture was taken for you sophisticated Europeans that think will have no culture in Dallas Texas (or the Vienna of the South as we Culturati refer to it). Honest it really is, and yes that is water running out of his mouth.

PS

I should have claimed the Brando picture. it is much less scary..... Last Tango was one the most depressing movies ever made and I have never been able to look at a stick of butter without shuddering since seeing it many years ago.

Hi Fred,
The statue you pictured reminds me of coming eye to eye with a gigantic horse statue in the National Archeologic Museum in Athens some 25 years ago! It was so lifelike I stepped back cautiously not to be overrun. Your swine is like that too. Talking about culture on this forum: "cast pearls before swine"........
I understand what you mean by the stick of butter. Lately I had to explain to my mother the double f word, Oh boy:blush: :blush: :blush: Yes that part of the movie was depressing!:(

Hank Hill is a Texas cultural icon I tell you what

Dang ol' culture, man, tell you 'bout myself woowee Dang ol' foreigners, man, drink american beer tell you 'bout myself wowed some ladies and back seats man sunsets fast cars man, yup love that rock and roll , french chicks like catnip uhuh no women golfers man loud stereo love that Bob Dylan like a rolling stone what'd he say, them british old nudge nudge wink wink, man, ol' gooday aussie deadly mosquito,man, say no more ol' like that myself yup dang ol' internet man. Go www,click click click naked chicks yup that's all me uhuh on audio sin bin ol' forum post, man, Dang ol' Belgians anyway man.......

Attachments

• boomhauer.jpg
    boomhauer.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 319
protest

i don´t think it was a good idea of the moderators to sinbin frank. why shouldn´t he say what he thinks? this was no insult, but only an individual position. you should not take the words that serios. and: would anybody be sinbinned for anso called "insult" against any other nation than the US?

ridicolous behavior of moderators.

Pumped up egos

Too many of them round here ! I have nothing against the US , my brother lives there as do most of my customers , very nice people in general , wonderful place , but what the crap is going on here ? Is this the worst of the worst being displayed ? Are the subscribers to this thread USA 'ambassadors' . If so you're not doing yourselves any favours . What culture ? No culture evident here . All I can see that is evident on this thread , is ego culture . Leave your big ego's at home , boys and use the forum for what it's here for , which I am led to believe is audio. :nod: Very little audio going on these days . Thanks ! ;)

316a :)

(flame suit on):goodbad:
By the way don't anyone dare accuse me of being a European (I'm English)

Re: Pumped up egos

316a said:

--snip--
(flame suit on):goodbad:
By the way don't anyone dare accuse me of being a European (I'm English)

I don't think anybody would even think of critizising the English or accusing you of being European.

You have English food. That's punishment enough for anyone.

Oh bugger, I am getting hungry and haven't had breakfast yet. I'll have to go get my beans on toast and some kippers..

Re: Re: SWINES?

planet10 said:

Frank,

Culture in itself is not something good or bad... it just is. There are many "cultures" in America and in Europe and in every other geographic, geopolitical, geocategorical... subset of the human population you choose to select...

Your extreme bigotness and lumping of an entire subset of 300+ million very diverse people is an insult to the entire forum. And you not only said it in one post, you emphasized it in many posts... bang, bang, bang.

I will not put up with this. Hence http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=189416#post189416

dave :captain:

Perfect example of how 'professional ebay sellers' should really just stick to handling packages.

Frank is well entitled to be a bigot, which I don't think he is, he has a cynical view of the US. I happen to have diametrically opposed opinions about the US vs. Europe to frank's, nonetheless he's entitled to is eurotrash opinions and to express them. Some insecure people will find them offensive, others like myself and I am guessing most of the other people around here will be able to filter them and take them for what they are without losing the respect for either Frank, this forum or the human race in general.

Fred,
they have a statue of the boar in Kansas City as well, more appropriate to the BBQ capital of america.
Try not to start fainting when the duckies migrate from your pool ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.