The Best Movies Ever Made

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I enjoyed :
American Beauty
V for Vendetta
12 Monkeys
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Young Frankenstein
Deliverance - pretty tame by todays standards, but shocking back then
Pulp Fiction - although I've just about had it with QT movies - too violent, too many "F" bombs.
Good Night and Good Luck
The Matrix
WAll-E
The Reader
Goodwill Hunting
The Constant Gardener was a well crafted film
I like the Bourne series..
The Monty Python movies.
Lord of the Rings

I could see them everyday:

Anything from Emir Cousturica, especialy "Chat noir, Chat Blanc" (from the French translation of course) and "Underground" .

"Brazil".

Because I am a romantic: "The Barber of Siberia" with that skinny and most excellent female actress who might be the best living actress and whose name I never remember...

"The Meaning of Life"

"Dr. Strangelove".

"Bad Lands".

"Vertigo".

"The Deathly Hallows", oops that one hasn't been filmed yet... :D

Cheers,
M

Dersu Uzala is a very beautiful film.
From among Kurosawa Akira films I can decide it in no way, which one the favourite. Maybe the Rashōmon, or the Dodeskaden?
From among the Japanese actors anyway Mifune Toshirō.

Gyuri

Attachments

• Toshiro_Mifune_in_Rashomon.jpg
    Toshiro_Mifune_in_Rashomon.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Freaks is a great one.
I had some friends who did it as a stage show, years ago. Great stuff.

Little Big Man is also a fav. I used to have a VHS tape of LBM as a test tape. Had to stop using it. No matter where it was in the film, everyone would just stop and watch, always. No work got done. Never seen another with that sort of power. Some movies, some scenes - but never the just any random spot. Remarkable.

Well that is probably what he is trying for - you're right. But I don't find it funny. Never been a fan of blood and guts.

That speaks for your character. Mine is totally spoiled in that way. I even could enjoy "Braindead" by Peter Jackson, the uncensored version of course. The relationship to your lawnmower will never be the same after watching this "nice" movie. :D

Braindead? Try "Versus". Who knew Yakuza zombies took that many bullets/swords/knives/kicks/fists to put down? Tarantino works too hard at a hipster-style. As often as not it crashes horribly, "Kill Bill 2" and "Death Proof" two prime examples.

Some faves:

12 Angry Men
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Seven Samurai
Day the Earth Stood Still
Dr. Strangelove
God of Gamblers
Akira
Shutter (orig. Thai version)
Shaolin Soccer

Into the Wild -Absolute must see The Hurt Locker - 9/10 Defiance - Absolute must see Zeitgeist - "" Pin: A Plastic Nightmare -The only truly freaky movie you'll ever see Cool Hand Luke - What we have here.. Full Metal Jacket - enough said Event Horizon - The second almost truly freaky movie you'll ever see High Tension - Original thriller, well done Let the right one in - before they ruin it, original Battlestar Galactica, The Plan - If you've seen the series, this owns Fahrenheit 451 - documentary Idiocracy - documentary War, Inc. - documentary Snatch - Classic From Hell - Jack The Ripper with Depp, very well done Fight Club - The Prestige - Tesla The Ruins Body of Lies Gangs of New York There Will be Blood Aviator The Mist

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.