The unexplained pneumonia is here!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Whoa!!!

I just saw a story about this on FOX 5 (Nyc) and they said a doctor from germany had brung it to NY and EVERYONE on the plane was in was in danger, so they were quarantined.There are 8 confirmed kills, but they say not to panic....but i dont think they will reveal everything. keep your eyes open for this and be careful.....

They said it is most common in asia, just as YHW said. there have been MANY cases but only 8 "confirmed" deaths so i think its not fatal to everyone since out of MANY only 8 die.

they said the symptoms are like a cold..i forgot the rest of what the symptoms were..but i dont think this is the last we've heard about it.

Negative Design said:
They said it is most common in asia, just as YHW said. there have been MANY cases but only 8 "confirmed" deaths so i think its not fatal to everyone since out of MANY only 8 die.

they said the symptoms are like a cold..i forgot the rest of what the symptoms were..but i dont think this is the last we've heard about it.

If the symptoms are just like the cold... I could have it and think I'm just sick with a cold and not bother to see a Doctor. The sickness would get worse and by the time I see a Doctor, the sickness has progressed and I am far sicker and harder to treat. I'm willing to bet catching this thing early will greatly increase the chanses of living through it. From what I read It does not sound that fatal.

Cumulative number of reported suspect and probable cases

Cumulative number of reported suspect and probable cases

Country Cumulative number of case(s) ¡ì Number of deaths Local transmission
Canada¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡8¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡2¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Yes
China+
Germany ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡1¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡None*
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡150¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡5** ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Yes
Singapore¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡31¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Yes
Slovenia¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡1¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡None*
Spain¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡1¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡To be determined
Taiwan, China¡¡¡¡¡¡3¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Yes
Thailand¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡1¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡None*
United Kingdom¡¡¡¡¡¡1¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡None*
United States¡¡¡¡¡¡11¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡0¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡To be determined
Viet Nam ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡56¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡2¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Yes

Total ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡264 ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡9

It is possible for the status of a reported case to change over time. SARS is a diagnosis of exclusion. This means that whenever a known cause is found that could fully account for a patient's clinical condition, this patient should no longer be considered to be a case of SARS.

+The Chinese authorities have reported suspect and probable cases in Guangdong province. Figures are being updated.

¡ì Cumulative number of cases includes number of deaths.

* No documented secondary transmission in-country. No affected areas.

**One death attributed to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China occurred in a case medically transferred from Viet Nam.

its also in New York, many all the americans (New Yorkers) that have it has been in aisia in the past 10 days, i heard this on the news at WB 11. they say everyone who has it was in or came from aisia. they even mention "GUANZOU" and "GUANGONG" (i dont think its spelled right) i remember YHW said he live thers or something like that, AND they say a nurse in a hospital has died JUST as YHW has said, i believe we were amongst the 1st to know about this disease. i dont think its deadly IF you go to the hopital the MOMENT u feel ill, since thay said it can be helped at an early stage. becareful and safe its air born and can stay airborne for days they said.

ywh,

I heard somewhere it is a corona virus. I wonder what is the physiopathology of this virus, if it may have a lesional effect on the lungs. Even if infected people do have acute respiratory failure, intubation and artificial ventilation may help the patient for a few days, waiting for the acute phase to pass out. There aren't much details released on the patient's death, or if they died in an ICU. I dont know the fatality rate also. If you could point out some details, it would be helpful.

Best of luck to you, I know what it is, I'm a doc too...

THE NUMBER ABOUT HK¡£

Attachments

• å£êð.jpg
    å£êð.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 588
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.