• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Full Range/Subwoofer Plate Amps 120W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have quite a few plate amps that I acquired from a large sale recently. All of them had small defects of electrical nature and have been professionally repaired and refurbished.
They were originally designed for use in BIC Venturi subwoofer cabinets in an OEM application.

After the purchase of them, I found that each one of them has an unfiltered input, presumably for use with receivers with built in LPF. However, using these amplifiers with full range speakers works remarkably well because of the true Class A/B design. Unlike cheap subwoofer-only amplifiers, these do not exhibit crossover distortion. I use a pair for my HT mains and they simply blow away a standard receiver's RMS wattage.

The four output transistors are 2SD1047 and 2SB817 with rail voltages of +/-60V. The driver transistors are mounted to the common heatsink with the output devices.
There is an automatic turn-on circuit which actually removes rail voltages from the amplifier. I feel this is a better approach than the "mute" circuit that the typical amplifier uses. The mute circuit in the more popular amplifiers causes severe distortion that is audible even though a subwoofer(!).

The crossover (LPF) is variable from 40 to 180Hz at a 12dB/octave slope. When the "filter bypassed" input is used, the crossover is truly bypassed, with the input being processed seperately.

There is no bass-boost. I don't know if adding one is possible.

Anyway, I have quite a few of them and a small number are posted on eBay because I have no other way to sell them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5792709276&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

If you would like to discuss a purchase of multiple amplifiers, please contact me through my profile.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.