• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Ortofon SPU-G(T) SILVER MR

Hello,

I need to downsize my collection therefore I am selling my Ortofon SPU-G(T). 'T' is in brackets, because the original built-in transformer has been removed to improve the sound. To further improve its sound a boron cantilever has been added with a Micro Ridge stylus and a new coil has been made with silver wire.

Specifications:
Tracking force: 27mN
Tracking ability: 80 micron/27mN/315Hz lateral
Stylus: Micro Ridge
Cantilever: boron
Coils: silver
Coil impedance: 2,8 Ohms/ch DC
Damper: new (silicone)
Coil protection: washi paper

After the rebuild it has been barely used (less than 10 hours) and the cartridge has just been checked and cleaned by Ana Migthy Sound before the sale to ensure that the new owner will have a trouble-free playback.

Asking price: EUR 800 plus shipping

Considering the sound, the upgrades and the condition of this cartridge I find the above price fair, but I am also open to reasonable offers. (Only the rebuild normally costs EUR 800 and a 'G' shell sells for EUR 150.)

543MnVl.jpg

8V1aaeA.jpg

2yBw8a8.jpg

N5q4w0L.jpg

HFXtKoS.jpg

MwOCOOE.jpg

3FkzuKf.jpg

eB40ftn.jpg

Last edited:
I can see that many of you are checking my ad, but no offers arrived. In case you have any doubts about the condition of this cartridge, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Also if you feel the price is not right let me know as I would like to sell this cartridge.
I am an old forum member and I already sold couple of cartirdges in the past with only happy customers. I can guarantee the perfect working condition of this cartridge. In case you have any issues with it after the receipt and installing it, please let me know and I will be happy to resolve the problem.

I can recommend this version to all people using tube amplification. The sound of silver is really shining through tube amps, but it is also playing very nice in SS system.
I was using this cartridge (for the very limited time) with my Cotter transformer, but also tried with MC step-ups having silver coil wiring. The combination of silver wire and Micro Ridge stylus on boron cantilever makes this cartridge to show every detail from the record, treble is fluid, bass is tight. Female voicea are beautiful.

I can offer you a 30 day guarantee (from shipping date). If you have any problem with the cartirdge that we cannot resolve online then I am happy to take back the cartirdge and refund you the purchase price (excluding shipment fee). Conditions for the guarantee: after the receipt of the cartridge back (you have to cover return shipment) an inspection will be carried out by Ana Mighty Sound to check if cartirdge has been returned in the same condition as it was sent to you.

This one is still for sale. A rather unique opportunity. I know that due to the modifications it's not an original SPU, but as with most old SPUs the damper needs to get changed after some time. As the damper had to be changed and unfortunately the coils could not be saved I had the option to get it recoiled with copper and silver and I opted on silver coils which I don't regret. The Micro Ridge tip just raised it's quality by another level.
So you can get a cartirdge worth of around 1300 euros (unmodified used SPU costing around 300-400 euros + SPU G shell worth of 150-200 euros + full rebuild worth of 700-800 euros = 1150+ euros) for only 800. As mentioned I am open to offers as I hate to see this excellent cartirdge lying in my drawer.