• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LuDEF kit packages

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Presenting thread here: LuDEF

Schematic and pcb screenshot post #1 , plenty of pictures after .

Tips and Tricks thread - will open, sooner or later

Reading entire thread is advisable , same as inquiring any technical question there : Be sure that you are aware of all things electrical and mechanical !

Pcbs are made for UMS , mounting directly to heatsink

Do not hurry - read , think , ask and only when you feel that you want it and can make it , proceed ...... advice which I'm finding applicable on practically anything .

For anything else , write either here , send PM or directly to >zenmodiyaudio@gmail.com<

Prices are mostly dictated with small scale nature of operation (as always is case) and time/work involved in matching and soldering little buggers.

For ordering , contact me at above written e-mail addy .

edit on 27.11.2021. : pcbs changed for easier LU mounting; see (see post #620)

Kit options :

Option 1.
- LCH pcb ,
- RCH pcb ,
- all smd buffer JFets (Toshiba 2SK2145BL) presoldered ,
- smd precision CCS chips presoldered
- all smd caps and resistors presoldered ,
- 4pcs of 1uF MKC caps (for important bypass positions) enclosed.
-pair of small Daughter boards for LU (see post #620)
-mica for BD cascodes heatsink mount

Full price , including Paypal fee and P&P for registered shipping all around the Globe - 135E

Option 2.
- LCH pcb ,
- RCH pcb ,
- all smd buffer JFets (Toshiba 2SK2145BL) presoldered ,
- smd precision CCS chips presoldered
- all smd caps and resistors presoldered ,
- 4pcs of 1uF MKC caps (for important bypass positions) enclosed.
-all multiturn trimpots
-output mosfets , 2 pairs , IRFP240 & IRFP9140
-IRF510 & BD 139 - source follower/level shifter duty
-cascode bjts
-optocouplers
-all electrolytic caps (all Panasonics ,except Elna Silmic II for one signal route position)
-one-pin sockets for special resistor positions
-all (MF 600mW) resistors
-T0220 heatsinks - 6pcs
-pair of small Daughter boards for LU (see post #620)
-mica for BD cascodes heatsink mount
-etc.

to recapitulate - everything what goes on pcbs , excluding signal xformers and pcb/mosfet mounting screws/nuts/washers ; also excluding LU1014**

Full price , including Paypal fee and P&P for registered shipping all around the Globe - 185E

**LU1014 - in this moment I have quantity for, say, 35 kits; ask for them - tested and Ids matched, if you don't have them already; matched pair ( you'll get them soldered to Al boards) is 8E

If I have everything in drawers in moment of order , can ship in a week time;
If I don't have any of normal parts in drawer , shipping could be delayed up to 3 days;
If I don't have pcbs in drawer , shipping could be delayed up to 2 weeks;
If I don't have most critical part for getting in my neck of wood - CCS precision chips , shipping could be delayed up to 3 weeks.
All in all - you all know that ZM is slow, but inevitable

Handy Addendum (in short : HA!):

-Cap Bank pcbs - set of 2pcs; dual rail, CRC (pads, if you want differential CLC), snap-in up to 35mm Dia, resistor and pads for LED, position for 10mm NTC connecting Audio GND to chassis;
-NTC pcb/ FW style Soft Start - set of 2pcs; each having place for 2 independent NTCs;depending of arrangement of primaries of Donuts you're using. you'll need either one pcb for two Donuts, or one pcb per Donut

HA! set is 25E more

see pics for HA!; lazy to search do I have photo of NTC pcb, but who cares

Attachments

• PSU pcb bottom.jpg
    PSU pcb bottom.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,367
  • PSU pcb top.jpg
    PSU pcb top.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,367
  • CB top eagle sshot.png
    CB top eagle sshot.png
    54 KB · Views: 1,360
  • CB bottom render.png
    CB bottom render.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,351
  • CB top render.png
    CB top render.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,343
  • eagle sshot.png
    eagle sshot.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 226
  • bottom render.png
    bottom render.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 204
  • top render.png
    top render.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Oh Mighty ZM, SMD presolded is for sissies :) Some Greedy Boyz like to keep them occupied and, being unable to design anything themselves, they want at least to have a right to brag about building it themselves :) So, would you consider selling a pair of naked PCBs with or without the parts in a well sealed bag.

And another question when looking at the PCBs themselves. I re-read the first pages of LuDEF thread many times looking at the pictures of your nice ikebanas from the different angles. But for me, mere mortal, with no Japanese skills, wanting to mount your PCBs to my usual Italian chassis heatsinks, how am I supposed to do that?

Do the PCBs mount directly to the heatsinks or should I use an L-bracket? I see the left and right PCBs are mirrored with the neccessary modifications for MOSFETS that are rotated 180 degrees. But what about the Lu-parts. Why they are not rotated but flipped on their back requiring a special hole for one of them?

I know it's just me not being smart enough to wrap my head arroud it. Knowing the only way to fix MOSFETs to heatsinks (the diyAudio store way), I would be very thankful if you shine some light on this.

With reverence
- Alvis

Zen Mod, did you miss my post or perhaps found it being out of tune or something? I would be thankful for your comments.

Oh Mighty ZM, SMD presolded is for sissies :) Some Greedy Boyz like to keep them occupied and, being unable to design anything themselves, they want at least to have a right to brag about building it themselves :) So, would you consider selling a pair of naked PCBs with or without the parts in a well sealed bag.

And another question when looking at the PCBs themselves. I re-read the first pages of LuDEF thread many times looking at the pictures of your nice ikebanas from the different angles. But for me, mere mortal, with no Japanese skills, wanting to mount your PCBs to my usual Italian chassis heatsinks, how am I supposed to do that?

Do the PCBs mount directly to the heatsinks or should I use an L-bracket? I see the left and right PCBs are mirrored with the neccessary modifications for MOSFETS that are rotated 180 degrees. But what about the Lu-parts. Why they are not rotated but flipped on their back requiring a special hole for one of them?

I know it's just me not being smart enough to wrap my head arroud it. Knowing the only way to fix MOSFETs to heatsinks (the diyAudio store way), I would be very thankful if you shine some light on this.

With reverence
- Alvis

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
oh yes, didn't catch that one

first question - soldering small SMD critters is in fact lesser part of the job - what's most of the job is obtaining them , then matching them ( in batches of 50pcs, as I'm used) , without spilling entire quantity on the floor ....... :rofl:

so, 4 matched triplets - easy peasy to solder, but , as I said, boring and tedious to get there

LT3092 are bigger critters, so soldering them is even easier

in fact, I'm lying ..... I'm enjoying every part of it, every minute spent on preparing , matching ........ my brain is free to rummage and think of new/next things

now, mounting - these pcbs I'm making lately, format is based on FW Format ; most of them can be mounted either in regular FW way - using L or even better - T bracket, or they can be mount parallel to heatsink, say that you can see it as a whole in blog post: SissySIT, another one – Zen Mod Blog , while few more details you can see in post #3: Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

if you visit thread linked in first post here, you'll see enough details regarding tiny LU bugger, and why I resorted to mount it that way;

But!
That's also the reason why LuDEF channel pcbs can be mount only using L or T bracket

every construction , be it in electrical (schm) or physical (pcb) realm - is nothing more ( and less) than group of compromises; same here - I had to take care about physical arrangement of traces connecting LU, mounting arrangement, convenience of same for Greedy Boyz ( or anyone else assembling it) etc.

not saying that thought proces of making that all is hard - it isn't - it is in fact deeply engaging and enjoying in same time, but fact of that is not decreasing importance of every decision and level of overall complexity

and - why you're asking tech. questions here?

I can bet that someone else will already ask me the same question ...... then I'll just reply : Ask avitkauskas .

:rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
working on amassing parts and following documentation

will post appropriate in other amps threads

Code:
LuDEF packing list:
Resistors:                                            
0R-2pcs
1R-2pcs
22R-2pcs