• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fisher 500C free to good home (L.A.)

I have a partially restored Fisher 500-C that I no longer have room for. It's free to anyone who will either pay for shipping, or come and pick it up from where I live in LA.

I've done a bunch of electronic restoration on it, focusing on the power supply and power amp sections. I've replaced all the critical caps and the tubes are all NOS. I've been using it as a power amp, and the sound is fantastic. The phono section and the tuner still need work. And the front panel is not exactly pristine. So it would be great for someone who wants to use it as a power amp, or someone who wants to continue the restoration. As is, it's dead silent, completely reliable, and sounds great. I may be able to find some schematics I was using during restoration, not sure. But I think they are available anyway.

It's kinda heavy, so won't be cheap to ship anywhere. If you're interested, but live like 2 hours away, I would consider meeting somewhere in the middle.

If nobody is interested, I will probably pull the tubes and sell them on eBay, and junk the rest.

Edit: Thanks to the folks who replied. ghettocowboy came by to pick it up.

Last edited: