• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Sony VFET Lottery Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Anyone will be able to buy a VFET-less kit, but the current plan is that it will only be offered once-off as a pre-order, with a very small number of extra made. I think anyone with spare VFETs have come out of the woodwork now and contacted the helpdesk. The pre-order start date in not yet know. Shipping is likely to be around Augustish.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I must point out that it’s bad form (or bad manners) to actively solicit one of the lottery winners to flip their unbuilt kit for an implied profit. I’m quite sure Nelson spent a lot of time and effort to design and then partially assemble each kit. Second, the kits are being offered at a cost below market with the limited proceeds going to charity. On top of that, Jason and the rest of the folks at diyaudio put in a huge effort to try to distribute the limited number of kits as equitably as possible.

Instead of patiently waiting (this is hard to do for greedy boyz) for the forthcoming rounds as mentioned in the article (also in the email and store page) it seems like you are trying to take a short cut which is disrespectful to the intent of the project (and its organizers). I know nothing of your circumstances, perhaps you have a legitimate reason for needing a kit in short order. If you have a legitimate reason (other than impatience) you should reach out to Jason and the diyaudio folks because they might be able to help.

Perhaps as a fundraiser for charity one kit could be auctioned off to the highest bidder for folks like unique1 that are willing to pay market rate for the kit?

Olen

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I don't think there's anything wrong with someone sticking their hand up to be first in line in case someone is selling something. And I don't think there was any implied negativity, just a desire to have the chance to be a DIYer and enjoy building this project, which is a very good intention to have.

Olen, your idea to auction off one as a fundraiser is a very good one. I have been planning this, actually. If others want to do the same thing at any point in the future, they are of course very welcome.

While I was very excited to have chassis 001 taking pride of place in my own room, I would rather see it, and any benefit from it, be used to help with the spirit of the offering.

As such, I have reserved chassis 001 along with a parts kit for this purpose. It will be auctioned off after the batch 2 lottery.

I will close this thread, as there's now a very welcome path for unique1 to achieve his goal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.