• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Shiny Eyes MM Phono preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How I’ve got to build this phono stage? My first phono stage build was Kevin’s “The Muscovite” using a nice sounding HF triode 6S3P. I was delighted with the sound of it, but never got beyond breadboard stage. The second build was Salas’s “Valve Itch” phono stage. It had a pleasant sound and dead quiet.

Few years later, I pushed myself to build a good phono stage for my Dual turntable and few records that I own. I had few items that determined the final shape of the preamp: many 6S3Ps bought when trying the Muscovite, a complete RIAA filter components, a readymade cherry box from a different project, and not only. I almost could say that I used most of the components from other projects leftovers.

The design is mostly influenced by Merlin Blencowe. I used the 6FY5/EC97 for the first stage and 6S3P for the second stage. The output is low impedance due to a Mosfet source follower DC coupled to the second stage.

The input is 47k and 120pF.

I’ve also built a Lipshitz-Jung precision Inverse RIAA to test the phono stage. It showed a perfect flat frequency response and a 41-42dB total gain. The THD measured 0.04% at 1Vrms output.

I’m very pleased with the sound result.

I am asking $500 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_6093.jpg
    IMG_6093.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_6096.jpg
    IMG_6096.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6094.jpg
    IMG_6094.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_6085.jpg
    IMG_6085.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_6089.jpg
    IMG_6089.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 128
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.