• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Pair of Alpair 12P speakers in Brines cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am selling these very nice sounding speakers using the Mark Audio full range driver Alpair 12P. At 92dB sensitivity it needs an 8W tube amp and up, or a 25W solid state amp and up.
They are custom built using the licensed design from Bob Brines at former Brines Acoustics. Cabinets are made of 18mm (3/4") Baltic birch and Mahogany stained and coated with General finishes Urethane and oil, 5 coats. The binding posts are from Meniscus audio and gold plated, for spade and banana.
The drivers have 1000 hours and fully broken in. Cabinets are 43" tall, 10" wide and 8" deep. The bottom plinth (base) is 12x12". These speakers are heavy and I prefer local pickup, 06851. However, I will ship to USCON. The package is about 48x14x14 and weighs about 75 lbs.

If you are interested in cabinets only I will consider selling them separately.

I am asking $450 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_6288.jpg
    IMG_6288.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_6286.jpg
    IMG_6286.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 351
If I didn't already own a pair of these, I would snatch them up for sure. These paired with a Pass F6 clone are my favorite speakers of all the speakers I own. My cabinets are with the Alpair 10. Didn't mean to hijack your ad but wanted members to know how good these are.

Thanks,
Juan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.