• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: TDA1541 S2 Double Crown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi I noticed that you sent me a PM about these. These are very rare and I don't have them anymore as the chips are as costly as a complete DAC (or even a few) and they are not the last word in DAC technology either. It is that I still get email about TDA chips and I don't have any TDA1541A left.

Hi Jean Paul
Thank you very much for the answer. I was taking a chance. I am in the process of completing a audial aya 4 dac and wanted to see it at its full potential.
Tda1541 have gained popularity as I can see...

Kindly drop me a line if you ever come across a legitimate s2

All the best

Stefan

Yes Peter did sell the 4 he had some time ago... Many thanks for the suggestion.
Pedja is putting some nice Black Gates condos and premium components on it... Only a S2 to finish dressing the bride... An optimize the potential of the design... :)

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi. I have a couple of these, had them for about 10 years. NOS, bought from QSerraTico_Tico (he can confirm this) as spares for a Marantz CD7. They were never needed and I no longer have the machine. Not sure what to ask for them. I can post macro photos when I have time. Just send me a PM

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Here.

Attachments

• IMG_20210113_172018.jpg
    IMG_20210113_172018.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 289
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Oh, very funny, thanks for that Jean-Paul. I had thought to offer them here at a more reasonable price to enthusiasts. After receiving such low ball offers and now this I think I will just list them on EBay. I will list them at the weekend and pay 10% donation to DIY Audio.

Many were less than I paid over ten years ago. Now I understand that things can go down in value, but the stuff I need for my Vfet project don't seem to have.

The value of things really changes I buy and sell things that were popular 10 years ago no longer sell while some things are always in demand.

Vfet is expensive I bought mine just before Nelson did showed his Vfet amp, I was lucky in our garbage container so I found a better Marantz that was broken in it was a single crown I also took the laser.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
That is not what I had to pay I can assure you. I'm presently looking for original 2SJ74's what were they originally, $1 or so, can I buy some at that original price now? Anyway, I'm off to finish my time machine and go back to buy Tesla stock....

What you paid then does not matter now does it? No need to apologize or feel guilty, this is the capitalistic system. Anyone knows for sure S2 can be sold for a multiple of the paid price.

It must be a rare coincidence but the transistors you are looking for lay in front of me. The GR version.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.