• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free (Newcastle NSW) - SB Acoustics bookshelf speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Time to get rid of some stuff and I'm giving away a pair of bookshelf speakers that uses SB21RDC-C000-4 (ring radiator) + SB15MFC30-8 (polypropylene). The important components in the xo are Dayton 18AWG solid core inductor and Jantzen CrossCap capacitor.

Vb=8 litres, F3=52Hz, xo=3000Hz, 6.8 ohm nom (from 100Hz > between 5 ohm - 10ohm), 85dB SPL, 10W-40W, 180W x 300H x 294D made from 18mm marine ply. Nothing flash in the build and coated with matt polyurethane. Comes with grey speaker grilles.

These were built Jan 2019 to trial the drivers and had less than 10 hours of use. The original xo has been taken out as I need the components for another project but designed and installed another xo with components I had on hand.

A good sounding speaker that's slightly forward of neutral and designed for off axis use placed close to a back wall. They are suitable for a medium size room but can be used in a larger room if high SPLs are not required. Tested with LM3886 and TPA3116D2 amps.

Pick up is only available and I prefer them to go to someone in need or unable to build their own speakers to partner their DIY amps.

Attachments

• RZ5_SB.jpg
    RZ5_SB.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 393
  • RZ5_SBgrille.jpg
    RZ5_SBgrille.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 386
  • RZ5_SB_xo.jpg
    RZ5_SB_xo.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.