• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS : Whammy-Almost completed board with minor error.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a whammy board for sale. Its almost complete save for a couple Of caps and resistors. The only problem is I soldered The LED’s The wrong way. I havent The patience to desolder them, nor Do I habe The tools or room for making a chassis these days. I want to sell this and Go for The starving student kit.
The pic Pretty much says it all.

I am Thinking 60-70 us bucks plus shipping from norway to take The pain away :)

Also have The heatsinks, transistors and stuff :)

Attachments

• 1B2C07DB-5F63-4539-8584-9A4C88E0B44D.jpg
    1B2C07DB-5F63-4539-8584-9A4C88E0B44D.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 559
I know this is not a discussion forum but removing leads is painless. Turn the board upside down and add solder to both pins until you have a puddle covering both, if the leds don't fall out, give them a gentle tug. Or, sacrifice them by bending them forward and backward many time and the pins will break. You can then solder new ones directly on the pins or remove the pins which is much easier.

This will not be the last time you may need to do this if you catch the bug for DIY.. dB

I know this is not a discussion forum but removing leads is painless. Turn the board upside down and add solder to both pins until you have a puddle covering both, if the leds don't fall out, give them a gentle tug. Or, sacrifice them by bending them forward and backward many time and the pins will break. You can then solder new ones directly on the pins or remove the pins which is much easier.

This will not be the last time you may need to do this if you catch the bug for DIY.. dB

I allways make this mistake with everything I build. This time I would rather build an entire new board .

What about The puddle when I put them back in? It would be a mess to clean up, no?

Thanks for The tip.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.