• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Discrete Dynamics Class A/B Power Amp modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have few modules for a very good Class AB amp. It's designed by my friend Aniket also a member here. The stereo amp has onboard power supply and protection circuit and comes with 2 X PCB mounted heatsinks. Just add a case, transformer and other hardware. It's almost plug n play.
I have two power options 100W/channel and 75W/channel
BJTs used for 75W Toshiba 2SC5200N/A1943N
Power caps , 4 X 6800uf, 50W

Bjts for 120W: Toshiba 2SC5949/A2121
Power caps , 4 X 10000uf 63W

below are the specs of our stereo amp:

Power output : 70~120W into 8 ohms, 110~180W into 4 ohms.(continuous avg per channel.)
THD : <0.03 % at rated power 20-20000Hz, 0.003 % @ 1kHz half power
Signal to noise ratio : 112dB
Frequency response : 3Hz-250kHz.(-3dB)
Input impedance : 25k ohms
Input sensitivity : 1V rms for rated power
Damping factor : 200, @ 8 ohms, 20-500Hz
Transformer for75W : 30-0-30, 300 9-0-9V AC for protect
Transformer for 120W : 40-0-40V AC, -500VA, 9-0-9V AC for protect
PCB size Power Amp : 280mm X 120mm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

kMWkteL.jpg

Prices
75W/ channel $110
120W/channel $135
Shipping $20 by Registered post,
The modules will have all onboard parts, including 2 X heatsinks, connectors, fuses etc

Regards
Sachin

Discrete Dynamics – A New Star is Born

I have been owning Amp Camp Amp and Le Monstre Jean Hiraga for a few years now; after trying out multiple class AB and D amps. Till a few days ago I believed that nothing can come closer to class A amps in terms of musicality. I won’t be wrong in assuming there are many people having strong likes and dislikes, in other terms biasness towards specific classes of amplifier. This attitude often allows us not to tryout new amplifiers (equipments) and deprives us from the pleasures of the world of music. I used to be once such person but I am on a path of transformation. And it is Discrete Dyanmics a class AB amp, that got me going on that journey.

It all started when Aniket, the designer of the amp came to my town a few weeks ago and got one amp for me. He is a good friend who took to amp and speaker building out of passion, though trained as a computer engineer. I was aware of his new baby he was working on for sometime designing, building prototype, testing etc. That’s that and initially when the amp was hooked to my system, I was not very impressed. He left, and I removed the amp from my system. After a few days, Sachin started convincing me that the amp is awesome and sent me a couple reviews from Lencoheaven. I also learnt from him the amp was not yet broken in. So, 4-5 days ago, I re-hooked the amp in my system. Let it burn in for a few hours by playing music at a very low volume.

It was then time to crank up the volume at a descent audible level. And………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Yes, friends I was speechless, there was a stillness which gradually transitioned into peace. I kept on listening and didn’t notice the time passby.

I was playing music from all genres, and I felt the singer was present right in my room and the ensemble of musicians lined up behind the singer. The separation of instruments was immaculate and the soundstage was all pervading. The bass is just right. Human voices, both male and female, made me feel their being there in the room. There is absolutely no hum and the built quality is very robust. If I have to compare the amp to the amp camp amp, I would say it is not as warm as the latter, but it certainly has an amazing musical quality which makes me listen to it more and more and more. It does not give listening fatigue at all. Well, I don’t claim that I am an audiophile, but discrete dynamics make every listening session one hell of a listening session or rather a meditation session!

Equipment used:
Acer Laptop
High Quality Flacs
TeraDak 2.7D DAC
5 and half inches ASB Audio Desktop Speakers (designed by Sadik)

They seem very attractive, but I can't figure out how to set them up in a traditional amp cabinet where the heatsinks are on the two side walls. Here, it seems that the heatsinks will be forced to sit on top of the PCB. It also makes me a bit hesitant about the weight of the heatsink on the PCB -- is there a danger of the PCB getting damaged over time due to the weight?

It's perfectly ok for heatsinks on the top of PCb. The PCb is 2 MM thick now. It won't damage. It can be easily set up in any cab. You just need to take heatsinks height into consideration. The amp is designed in a way that it will require no soldering on board. It will be even perfect for less skilled person. You can see few builds here https://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=30648.0 and also on hifivision.

Regards
Sachin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.