• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ok, selling my 3 ACAs for $360 plus shipping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for those that responded earlier to my post regarding a fair price to sell my newly built Nelson Pass design ACA v1.6 Batch 3 amps. I got the kits in November and the cases in early December and completed all 3 late December. Each amp is wired with the front-panel power switch, and the back panel bridge-mono switch (for RCA bridged mono mode).

Selling each of them here for $360 a piece plus shipping to anyone that wants them - pretty much exactly what I paid for them. Or I'll sell all 3 for $1000. If you live in West Florida, I am in St Petersburg, and I would be happy to demonstrate them before purchase. I would actually feel better selling these to someone local as I don't do a lot of over the internet sales.

Feel free to private me at ryan<DOT>fogarty<AT>gmail<DOT>com.

Below are a few photos of each of the 3 amps (2 inside shots and one shot of the back for each amp). All soldering was done with Cardas solder with a brand new Haako iron. To make assembly easy I didn't make the wires as short as is possible but that could easily be remedied if someone wanted to desolder and resolder the leads. For that reason the wires look a little busy in the case but shouldn't affect the great sound of these amps.

All amps were biased to 12 volts with a brand new meter to within ~0.05 volts. Each amp worked perfectly on the first try and no resoldering or corrections were required, which is really a compliment to DIY Audio and the quality of the instructions and of the kit in general.

I am selling these 3 amps because my home theater speakers aren't sensitive enough so I am not getting the volume that I was hoping. I did put them on a couple book shelf speakers and the amps really do sound great and are dead quiet too. They sound best as monoblocks.

R/,
Ryan

Attachments

• ACA1_back.jpg
    ACA1_back.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 516
  • ACA1_wiring1.jpg
    ACA1_wiring1.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 514
  • ACA1_wiring2.jpg
    ACA1_wiring2.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 517
  • ACA2_back.jpg
    ACA2_back.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 509
  • ACA2_wiring1.jpg
    ACA2_wiring1.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 501
  • ACA2_wiring2.jpg
    ACA2_wiring2.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 206
  • ACA3_wiring1.jpg
    ACA3_wiring1.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 185
  • ACA3_wiring2.jpg
    ACA3_wiring2.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 189
  • ACA3_back.jpg
    ACA3_back.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.