• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Shiny Eyes 300B-C3g amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Here is another 300B-C3g SET amp that I've recently built using the excellent Electra Print low IMD output transformers and Lundahl interstage transformers. The audio tubes filaments are DC powered and regulated for long life and lowest possible noise. The power supply has a custom made Heyboer transformer and Lundahl LL1673/10H chokes wired in common mode for best ripple and noise rejection. The power supply caps are Obbligato oil first cap and Mundorf Mlytic HV+ 100uF and 470uF the second an third cap.
The 300B is self biased using 3 MRA12 Mills per channel and Mundorf MCap for decoupling. The C3g is loaded on the LL1660/18mA and self biased.
The amplifier has a timer delay setup at about 65 seconds to allow the filaments of the 300B to reach a quasi stable temperature before applying the high voltage.
The RCAs and binding posts are Cardas.
All equipment is attached to a 3/16" (4.7mm) 3031 aluminum plate that seats on a nicely finished American cherry hardwood box. It weights 58 lbs and measures 20.5x13x5.5". The amp total height is 11.5".
The amplifier comes with EH Gold 300B, Siemens C3g, and a pair of 6CL3 rectifiers.
This amp has an 8 ohms output, but will work well with speakers as low as 4 ohms. The input sensitivity is 1.5Vrms for full power and only needs a low gain preamplifier. During tests, I was listening to this amp using the Shiny Eyes 4p1L preamplifier ( a 7dB gain pre) and I found it is a very nice match.
This is an amazing sounding 300B amp due to a sum of factors: design, quality of parts and sturdiness of built. It is an amp that will serve you for many years if properly maintained by replacing the tubes on time.
I am selling it for DIYers at a lowest price possible considering the parts and materials cost me about $1800. If you are interested please make a reasonable offer. Shipping will be added for a 65 lbs 24x18x12 , from 06851.
Thank you,
Radu

Attachments

• overall main.jpg
    overall main.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 319
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 304
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 306
  • closeupR.jpg
    closeupR.jpg
    713.3 KB · Views: 294
  • overall wiring.jpg
    overall wiring.jpg
    917.6 KB · Views: 296
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.