• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS 6.5" Fostex single driver MLTL, QLD AUS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The M12-F165s retail on Bob Brines's website for $US1,695.00 or $AUD2,232.00 (as of 24-6-2017)
I've dropped the price to $AU650. Which is about what they cost to build.
Bob’s builds are beautifully veneered, these are painted with Norglass marine paint. Not perfect but good enough.
I used 18mm MDF with solid wood internal stringers and plywood inner frames. These boxes are stiff The exterior vertical corner bracing is Tasmanian Oak.
Insides are lined with 25mm fibreglass panels. Fibreglass is the most efficient for keeping higher frequencies from coming out the port.
Drivers are mounted on Meranti baffle step. Both drivers and baffle step are removable making repainting or veneering easy.
The Fostex FF165WK drivers are rated for 30 watts but with an efficiency rating of 92dB/W(1m), they’re ideal for low powered tube amps. I used a EL34 SET (8 w/c) and a 10w/c Tripath, both were more than adequate.
Come on by and have a listen. Bring your test tunes on a USB stick.

Mack
Everton Park, (Brisbane) QLD 4053

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

or
B. Brines M12 F165 by tilroh - Album on Imgur

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.