• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EL84 PP Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hello all,

Selling off some Audio stuff I now know I may never start. All bought here on DIY Audio years ago...

The trannies are from a Chinese EL84 amp
Output Transformer - Assumed 8 ohm tap and 8.2k (28 vac on secondary reads .875 vac on primary - check my math here...)
Power Transformer - has 120 vac and 220 vac marked

Set of four PL84 tubes (EL84 with 15v Heaters - power transformer likely does not have the required taps for 15v heaters)

330V on Plate/Grid and a shared 130 ohm cathode resistor should get you around 17 watts/channel...

Bamboo Box that entire amp was supposed to be installed in

How is $100 + ship from Chicago?

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 1,401
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 1,362
Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
as someone pointed out to me, the PL84 and EL84 are not identical, even tho they have same pinout - The PL84 is a higher current version of the EL86...which is a bit different than the EL84...Amp Kit still will work fine with transformers......

The PL84 draws quite a bit more current that its EL84 cousin, but hey, that means it sounds that much better!! :spin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.