• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Pass B1 boards / jefts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Shipping from passdiy to Canada seems insanely expensive for a PCB -- so I thought I would check out the marketplace here. I would consider buying assembled boards as well. However, I don't need a case or hardware -- just the boards and components (or the boards alone too).

Thanks in advance!

AT

EDIT: Decided to get some Salas boards from Tea-Bag and no longer need the Pass B1 boards. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
PassDIY is probably not out of line on their international shipping prices. A couple of weeks ago I did some work on a preamp for a Canadian. He shipped the the pre down to me via Canadian post priority shipping with tracking and $200 insurance for $41 CAD. I shipped it back to him one week later via the USPS and I had two options, regular international post with no tracking and very limited insurance for $77 CAD or international priority with tracking for $148 CAD.

Even if you find someone willing to sell you the board in the US it will still cost you some big $$$ to ship it, our postal service is a disaster.

I have sent and received plenty of stuff across the border. Just recently I took receipt of a medium sized box of tubes from Jim McShane in IL. Shipping was about $27. PassDIY are asking for $35 shipping for a PCB and 4 jfets -- basically a padded envelope's worth of stuff. Don't get me wrong I'm not here to bitch about PassDIY; it's their prerogative to charge whatever they like. I've emailed Sherilyn to see what she has to say about it. Either way I don't feel like paying that much shipping. So, I figured I'd post here to see if anyone has the boards for sale.

Again, I'm not upset or anything -- just looking for an alternative way to get the B1 boards!

Good luck with it. I ordered recently some aleph pcb from BrianGT (chipamp.com). They had only a pricey international shipping option but i suggested they could send it just as a letter. They kindly amended their web page to allow for this. The shiiping was still more than the pcb but not that much as originally.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.