• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amherst P-2000 pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The condition is 8/10 ,mainly for age , no scratches anywhere, full discrete signal path, passive bypass switch with only source selector and noble potentiometer and ballance control in the path , very good MM phono stage. Minimalist audiophole preamp for very reasonable price.

Attachments

• Amherst Audio P-2000 006.jpg
    Amherst Audio P-2000 006.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Amherst Audio P-2000 001.jpg
    Amherst Audio P-2000 001.jpg
    794.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Amherst Audio P-2000 002.jpg
    Amherst Audio P-2000 002.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Amherst Audio P-2000 003.jpg
    Amherst Audio P-2000 003.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Amherst Audio P-2000 005.jpg
    Amherst Audio P-2000 005.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 223
Well, I finished all the upgrades today.
Power filter on board.
Sonicaps in critical path on non-phono side
Nichicon Muse PSU for the 2200uf and used the Pannys for the 4700uf
Fast diodes dampened with Wima 0.01ufs
All silver wiring replacing the red, black, and white wires.

I had to directly wire some of the power supply caps to ground due to the tracing wanting to pull up when I removed the old caps....no big deal, just two areas...now better than stock I would say.

I didn't realizes all the pots were Noble...very nice unit! Sounds fantastic. Dead quiet and amazing imaging.

It is hard to say if the upgrades did much to improve the sound....I listened about three days apart from old to new....I think it seems more silent now, very solid preamp.

I am thining of adding a tube output on one of the two outputs. Maybe a D3a cathode follower. I would have to remove the power filter to make room for another transformer. Or I might make the power supply for the tubes in a seperate chassis...will just have to see.

Trying to decide if it is worth the effort to convert it to a remote unit.

Shoot me an email Limono and I will email you back some pics. I can't upload to the forum with my iPad.

Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.