• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Seas P14RCY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for SEAS P14RCY or similar. Must be the SEAS Prestige lineup, 5" woofer from mid-90s, black poly cone. With or without phase plug.

I have 2 pairs of Seas MP14RCY.......I think we may have discussed these a few months ago...........and you need the P14RCY, no "M".....

Attachments

• seas 1.JPG
    seas 1.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 154
  • seas 2.JPG
    seas 2.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 141
I have 2 pairs of Seas MP14RCY.......I think we may have discussed these a few months ago...........and you need the P14RCY, no "M".....

I don't recall discussing those with you. I remember someone had the smaller magnet version (P14RC) and someone else had the white coned version.

Those MP14RCY look identical to the ones in my Sony SS-M9, but when I looked at the specs for those MP14RCY and I think the impedance dip is too close to the crossover point (200Hz). It is much lower on the P14RCY.

I recall the speaker designer telling me to make sure I got one of the full range mid-woofers, not the midrange (that's what the M is for). Thanks for responding though.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is exactly the right model, but Zalytron has these:
P14RCY/TV 8 OHM $26.00

also available in 4 ohm version/same price

Zalytron doesn't have them. It comes up in a Google search, but its an outdated page from more than 10 years ago.

I emailed them about a year ago to see if they had them and they acted like I was crazy for thinking they would still have a discontinued 15 year old speaker in stock ;)

I have no idea why they don't remove that page from their server.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.