• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: Burson Audio Buffer AB160RCA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a mint+ Burson Audio Buffer---high input impedance, low output impedance device with 2 switchable pairs of RCA inputs and about 6dB gain.
Cost new is around $500 and I will sell mine, in factory box with printed manual, for $325. Haven't tried it but I suspect this would be a good headphone amp as well.

If you have a passive preamp, long interconnect cables or for whatever reason wish to eliminate impedance mismatch between parts of your system, this is the device! This is a well-built, 9-pound chunk of machined aluminum. See Audio Buffer 160 for specs and details.

SOLD!!!!

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 151
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Yes; sold long ago and apologies for not taking the ad down. If you're contemplating a buffer, my experience was that the effect of the relatively high output impedance from my passive preamp--which was around 50K ohms--was insignificant even with my 16' RCA interconnects so buffer served no purpose. I now use an Emotive XDA-1 "digital preamp" (24/192 DAC) which does the same function plus has remote volume and input control etc and only cost $250. Wonderfully good sound, low output impedance, XLR plus RCA and that high-end resolution!!

I have a mint+ Burson Audio Buffer---high input impedance, low output impedance device with 2 switchable pairs of RCA inputs and about 6dB gain.
Cost new is around $500 and I will sell mine, in factory box with printed manual, for $325. Haven't tried it but I suspect this would be a good headphone amp as well.

If you have a passive preamp, long interconnect cables or for whatever reason wish to eliminate impedance mismatch between parts of your system, this is the device! This is a well-built, 9-pound chunk of machined aluminum. See Audio Buffer 160 for specs and details.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.