• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: HTPC, Bit-Perfect Computer Transport, Small PC with a great soundcard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
$200 shipped to CONUS. For sale is a great, small, very quiet PC that will playback bit-perfect audio up to 96KHz/24bit and stream DD5.1 or DTS. I used it for the following:

* Bit-perfect playback of audio recordings up to 96KHz/24bit (with these drivers)
* Playback of DVDs with DD5.1 or DTS audio output
* Combined Foobar, Convolver, and DRC-FIR to apply digital room correction to audio playback
* Audio measurements with ARTA and RoomEQ Wizard
* Playback of stream video from Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, etc.

Something to keep in mind is that this machine is not powerful enough to playback 1080p video so it would not be ideal to connect to a 1080p TV. This is great for a very inexpensive digital audio solution that no one will guess is a PC. Although I never used it as one, this PC could also be used as a digital crossover for actively crossed speakers if the correct software was used.

Key features:
* Intel Celeron 2.26GHz processor
* 512MB RAM
* Auzen X-Plosion 7.1 DTS Sound Card (replaceable OpAmps, bit-perfect output)
* 40GB Western Digital HD (obviously easily upgradable, but I only stored music on this PC)
* Automatically temperature controlled fan (very quiet)
* Dimensions are 12.25"Wx14.5"Dx3.5"H (including back connectors)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Fullsize

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Fullsize

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.