• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Magnavox 175 Stereo Tube Amp (PP 6V6)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Magnavox 175 tube amp, from console. Push-pull 6V6 stereo, 12AX7 input tubes. Choke-filtered power supply. All coupling caps replaced with polypropylene or polystyrene caps. Cathode bias caps all (input and output tubes) replaced with polypropylene caps, B+ caps bypassed with polypropylene caps. Balance pot removed and circuit rebuilt to exactly match other channel (all resistors replaced were matched within 2% to the ones on the other channel). Works PERFECTLY. Very good soundstaging/imaging (dead-on balance between channels). All tubes test good (no hiss or hum, too).

This is the physically largest Magnavox chassis of this type I've seen, and the STRONGEST version of this design (the PP 6V6 variants) that I've seen too. I wouldn't be surprised if this one was making close to 15 watts per channel, clean.

Nickel-plated chassis has been cleaned and polished. New speaker jacks and jack plates installed. New on-off switch, pilot light and fuse-holder installed. Really good looking condition!

Selling for $200.00 (plus shipping) as is... or, for another $50 ($250 plus shipping), will add wood side and front trim panels.

Contact: Gordon- email gwaters@inbox.com . Please include your address, for the purpose of calculating shipping cost (FedEx ground).

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

Attachments

• amp175top.jpg
    amp175top.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 372
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.