Dipole Subwoofer highest XO ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pic

setup will be like this:

Attachments

• project.jpg
    project.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 155
I'm sure there are a multitude of people on this forum that can answer your questions better than me. However as none of them seem to be stepping up...here are my slightly less informed opinions:
First off it would be impossible to tell you what your upper crossover limit would be with out knowing the specific driver you have in mind. Having said that I would be worried about trying to get too high of a frequency out of a W-frame dipole woofer. I would think you could have trouble with reflections in the higher frequency ranges. However if you wanted to switch to a H-frame woofer I beleive your upper crossover frequency would depend wholly upon the frequency extension that the choosen woofer is capable of.
Hope that helps
Joe

TKsys,

If your W-frame fits two 10"-woofers, it will exhibit a (quite heavy) cavity resonance somewhere at 300-350 Hz. You will have to equalize that resonance or cut off around 150 Hz/24 dB to get clear of that resonance.

A H-frame of fitting size will have a resonance at 200-250 Hz (but much less prominent). Since standing waves in my listening room are more pronounced in that region than the dipole resonance I lieve it uncorrected and Xover at 250 Hz.

So if you can integrate a H-frame in your design it would be much more forgiving.

Rudolf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.