Side firing open baffle sub

@ soundoutlad
for your kitchen there is nothing worse than a diploe. It will stand in your way and anyone moves around while listening. no dedicated listening position.
Maybe consider a band pass, isobaric or the like. Something you can push out of the way and what fills most of the room with solid bass.

< Maybe consider a band pass, isobaric or the like. > Yes definitely Turbowatch2, quite willing to experiment with different designs.
For amplification I got a Sure Electronics AA-JA33286 ADAU1701 DSP Bluetooth 5.0 - JAB5 4x100 W Class D Amplifier Module.
This allows for EQ and Hi -Lo Pass, though programming the thing looks like a big headache. There is hope that I could control it with Miumax phone app. I went for plenty power so the amp should be able for a wide variety of speakers.

@ soundoutlad
even as it is OT: Get a Win 7 64 installation
Install sigma studio
load DSP file from sure website
open in SS
try to understand the way this works. Play around. If you want to use it, go to second stage:
You now have to install a driver for the interface. Use the
https://store.sure-electronics.com/images/product/1710/DSP Programming Guide.pdf.pdf
WIKI for a guide, but be careful for what version you have and the description is about.
If anything is fine, connect to the Sure/ADAU1701.
Now you can change parameter in SS, load to ADAU and listen to the change. Trust me, you will need some (free) measuring software and a microphone suited for measuring or get mad.

If this is nothing for you, what you can find out at stage 1 after a short time, get some boxed ADAU with USB interface and a "normal software". They start at 100$. The need for a microphone will still be there, as long as you use subwoofer or listen to speakers in rooms...

Dayton, Thomann, Mini DSP are DSP with easy user interface. Check software to be compatible with your ideas before buying!
If new to measuring microphones, get a USB version, best with a calibration file. You will not regret you spent around 80$ for it.
Example miniDSP UMIK-1

Good luck!

@ soundoutlad
even as it is OT: Get a Win 7 64 installation
Install sigma studio
load DSP file from sure website
open in SS
try to understand the way this works. Play around. If you want to use it, go to second stage:
You now have to install a driver for the interface. Use the
https://store.sure-electronics.com/images/product/1710/DSP Programming Guide.pdf.pdf
WIKI for a guide, but be careful for what version you have and the description is about.
If anything is fine, connect to the Sure/ADAU1701.
Now you can change parameter in SS, load to ADAU and listen to the change. Trust me, you will need some (free) measuring software and a microphone suited for measuring or get mad.

If this is nothing for you, what you can find out at stage 1 after a short time, get some boxed ADAU with USB interface and a "normal software". They start at 100$. The need for a microphone will still be there, as long as you use subwoofer or listen to speakers in rooms...

Dayton, Thomann, Mini DSP are DSP with easy user interface. Check software to be compatible with your ideas before buying!
If new to measuring microphones, get a USB version, best with a calibration file. You will not regret you spent around 80$ for it.
Example miniDSP UMIK-1

Good luck!
Thanks Turbowatch2,
let the adventures begin.