shallow subwoofer options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi umut1001,All

FYI:

b:)

Attachments

• SB34NRX75-6_in-too Small-Narrow_SealedBox-.JPG
    SB34NRX75-6_in-too Small-Narrow_SealedBox-.JPG
    832.9 KB · Views: 222
Hi Bjorno!
Thank you for your help!I just came home and saw your project. It seems SB34 will not fit well in this box.
But there is good news! I have talked to wife now and she give permittion for a deeper box.I will buy some extra little furnitures for home and got permittion this way :) (now we dealed for 23cm wide,104cm high and 39cm deep)
Best regards

Hi.I read that polyfiber is not good for stuffing so i decided to buy some acoustic foam.At Bauhaus i found these ones attached.50x50cm and at different heights 7cm ,5cm and 4cm.(I found cheaper ones on internet though)
@Bjorno you stuffed end and beginning of the box.Why did not you fill all the box to increase deep bass SPL? Is it stuffed by polyfiber or acoustic foam?I did not see any information about density of stuffing on your project.And what should be density of acoustic sponge?Is it good to use 50density? There are many types available on internet.
Thank you for your answers.Best regards

Attachments

• 20191105_150012.jpg
    20191105_150012.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Hi.Ok i am cutting the mdf panels today.
From web site
"A few rules of thumb: Stuff small enclosures – those with up to about 3 cubic feet of internal volume or less – with 1.5 pounds of fiberfill for each cubic foot of internal volume and you should get about a 30-percent increase in box volume without seriously affecting other performance variables"
By
TOM NOUSAINE
RIP
Will fill 1,7kilograms of polyfiber in 68liters of box.
So 68*1,3=88,4liters effective volume.
Best Regards

Keep in mind, your subs don't even have to be in the same room!

At my old house, I had a subwoofer under the stairs.

Crikey this is good news.
I’ve been really enjoying the TH sub located behind the sofa. But if I can put it in the adjoining office with a wire connection thru the wall - the hole is already there - then I can get the missus off my ******* back. And it’s my office so I can have whatever the hell I like in there.
When I say office what I really mean is repository for old speaker designs. With a computer in the leftover space.
She likes the wee Karlsonators but hates any sub, even the one behind the sofa.
So good suggestion PB. Especially given its also based on your simple TL sub design. Heh heh.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.