Car underseat subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive had experience with a few different models, most recently a pair from Infinity in a Scion Xb. extremely underwhelming performance honestly. Not taking them apart, the driver was a simple low profile driver, the amp was about 250 watts. no real DSP or amazing features, just gain and a bass boost, centered, if memory serves, around 40hz.
I had done some in car measurements, the enclosure seemed to start rolling off around 55-60hz and did maybe 100db at the listening position with the 2 enclosures under the two front seats. Unless convenience and only slightly better than stock are your key priorities, I would suggest going separate sub amp combo.

the 2 basslink modules were replaced with 2 mtx low profile 10's in custom downfiring boxes under the front seats paired with a JL Audio 500 watt monoblock. this resulted in a staggering benefit, both subjectively and objectively, for around the same money if not considerably cheaper given the $300-ish price tag of the basslinks.

the 2 basslink modules were replaced with 2 mtx low profile 10's in custom downfiring boxes under the front seats paired with a JL Audio 500 watt monoblock. this resulted in a staggering benefit, both subjectively and objectively, for around the same money if not considerably cheaper given the $300-ish price tag of the basslinks.

I'll bet those boxes were bigger than the basslinks though :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.