30 Hz easy to build re-entrant horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Screw on the base, turn it over and you're done. I had planned to add vertical conduit struts between the base and the edge of the 30“ but securing them to the thin ring that reinforces the edge of the 30“ would be difficult, and the extra sturdiness doesn't seem necessary to sit in my listening room. If you were to use it for pa, moving it often, I think you'd want it reinforced there.

I apologize for the incomplete instructions, but it gives you an idea anyway.

I've been listening to it in my main system. The dynamic capabilities are obviously enormous. With room eq, it has very good pitch definition. Not sure yet if it will make a home in the theater or listening room or both. I was initially worried about the lack of output below 25hz for theater. I have found that output lower than that is very difficult to hear even at insane levels. I know that is controversial, but this sub plus some bass shakers I think is perfect for theater. It would take several of the "flat to 15hz" BR subs to equal the output of this one, with much much greater amplifier cost. It makes my gigantic 15“ ported sub seem like a toy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.