1Hz - 850Hz WTF !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah, that's just one of Many claims in here Patent US20150172795A1

Of course i expect he is trying to make his claims as wide as possible, but still 1Hz ? I'd like to see that acheived @ the same levels, as for eg 40Hz plus in the same box ! Not possible i say.

Apart from that, if you examine the patents images, & look at the actual products, i don't see how even anywhere near 20/25Hz can be reproduced, at even medium levels ?

What do you make of it ?

Attachments

• f.png
    f.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 366
Could you post more pictures? I tried to pull it up on Google's patent website but the images seem broken. Might just be on my end.

Hoffman's iron law still applies, so if the 1hz figure is meaningful (which I doubt, I think it's meaningless), you'd have to make some insane compromises.

After looking at the site, it seems all their products have blurbs chock full of technobabble nonsense, which makes me even less interested in what they've patented.

By combining Vortex™ and Space™ Technologies with compact size the X2A delivers the same reference quality sound for smaller installations and live performance events. The X2A is a prime example of how Flare’s Technologies have been utilised to optimum effect by coupling Vortex™ ports with the compression of Space™ technology. The partnership of these technologies means that no colouration is added to the sound, focusing instead on allowing the original material to show through, creating the perfect engineers tool.

Last edited:
Hi zettairyouiki,

I went to pat2pdf.org, and type in just the numbers 20150172795, that worked.

The picture in Post #1, and the description in the patent show a BP4 (fourth order bandpass), sealed rear chamber, etc.... Good to know that we can now let go of all those limitations imposed by physics too.

Regards,

Be interesting to see this simmed :)

@ weltersys

LOL. I'm doubting them getting "medium" levels of SPL @ 20/25Hz compared to upper f's. That would be some kind of voodoo etc, if they did !

@ zettairyouiki

Yes, i don't see how they can beat Hoffman's iron law. Did you get the patent from the link that tb46 or GM showed ?

@ tb46

Physical impossibility more like :D

1hz ???? I'm sorry I thought this was a joke, was this patent filled on April first?

I can believe that the drivers are flapping in the wind at 1hz, but with not output to speak of. Granted we may not be able to hear below 20hz but we can feel down to almost 1hz. I have been lucky enough to have 1 speaker with specs that whet down to 17hz. CDs with information in that range where impressive. But that speaker had a free air of 12.5hz.

Has anyone seen what kind of miracle driver they are using? They must be using the magnets off of an MRI machine to be able to make the cone respond at that frequency. Let me correct myself, looking over the patient I didn't see a +- db range, so I do believe it will do 1 to 850hz just it will sound like crap doing it.

@ tb46

Thanx, i'll have a tinker :)

@ jjccoutcher

I didn't see a +- db range

No, not on their www, but see below ;)

@ bitSmasher

"it throws out 3.5kw of sound"

Yeah :D

Strange that Flare don't have fuller specs on their www, but there is more on here Sub Bass - Q & SB Series - Flare Audio - Professional Audio - Orbital Sound. Audio and Theatre Equipment Hire and Sales

Also, on the above www, it quotes an industry award & recommondation from people in the industry ? So, are we missing something, & is there more to this tech than we realise ?

There is a www Download for PDF's Product Information Online - Orbital Sound. Audio and Theatre Equipment Hire and Sales but you need an Account to Login to get them !

Flare Audio at it again... interesting to see they couldn't fool the Pro audio world so shifted their range to take money from unwitting consumers

https://www.flareaudio.com/pages/zero
"it throws out 3.5kw of sound"

From a 20k amp, that implies ~17% efficiency.

The Zero is ...remarkable.

It's like they read an article on diffraction, then decided to troll audiophiles by making the worst possible baffle:
Diffraction from baffle edges

The driver-to-driver spacing is also quite a feat. They must have decided to maximise the jolly heck out of that, too.

@ tb46

Strange that Flare don't have fuller specs on their www, but there is more on here Sub Bass - Q & SB Series - Flare Audio - Professional Audio - Orbital Sound. Audio and Theatre Equipment Hire and Sales

Thanks for the link, seeing their product and going back over the patient. The design looks like a hybrid of a manifold design. If this is the case and they are using a low Q driver the specs of 20hz to 250hz can be realized. If this is based off the manifold design, I would like to see what kind of driver they are using.

As for the 1hz to 850hz reading the patient more closely that is the range of sound they working to reproduce not the frequency they have achieved.

I think for sound reinforcement this design could work, but impractical for the home. It would be like putting a pair 4050s in your house, not that I haven't thought about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.