Phase reversal switch in subs? To install or not to install...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
NH7R0 I will add my experience contradicts some advice above.
I run 2 12in Peerless bass bins off 1 plate amp 125 litre sealed.
I have found in my 4×8 Metre +2.5 × 4 M x 2.4 M high open plan kitchen that positioning is critical. I also found 2 subs is WAY better than one The only way to find out is as Arnie would say "Kahm Ahn You Kahn DO IT!" Hook em up and let the subs tell you what they need. In theory to my understanding if the rear subs have the same firing distance to your ears as the front speakers/subs all should be sweet. BUT as we all know and as I've experienced your milage may vary in reality. I'm a novice that is constantly learning but I learn quick. Superb bass is one of the hardest things to get right. I'm not there yet by any means but each discovery and inprovement means I'm enjoying the journey.

Hey Audiopath; I am enjoying your "In Search of Better Bass" thread elsewhere very much and am learning all kinds of stuff here lately.

The reason I decided to go with 4 instead of 1 or 2 subs was exactly because of the easier taming/killing of room modes and the reduction of distortion by putting less of a strain on the drivers.

These bucket subs are so relatively inexpensive to build I figured I go for the optimum number feasible given the limited space here, too.

I started placing the unfinished buckets around our living room last night and they're going to be fairly evenly distributed. I am trying two of them about a foot to a foot and a half higher than on the floor, too which I gather is a good idea when running a swarm.

Now I've really got to get away from the computer and finish what I almost started yesterday (rack brackets and interconnects):p

Cheers, Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.