Logitech z-2300 and logitech z4 pod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a big problem but i like to solve it,. i have Logitech z-2300 sound system whitout remote. i have the logitech z-4 remote but not the system and i have a 15pins vga cable male and female, so z4 is 9pin and 2300 is 15, i did cut off the vga cable so it fits the 2300 and now i gone put all cables together whit the z4, i got base sound and so on but i dont know yet, i really need help from some one who can tell me what cables who gone be whit the others, bad english but i hope u guys did understand ^^

Attachments

• 15 pin Logitech Z-2300.jpg
    15 pin Logitech Z-2300.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 675
Hi Jomofo ( and all )
I stumbled on the Web and found your video but still there are some unanswered questions.
A friend of mine gave me this Z4 without the control pod via VGA adapter.
I easily found the L and R in/out routing for the (10 KΩ pot ) volume control.
On the video I see that there are two stereo ( female ) jacks on the control pod PCB, a mono pot for bass regulation and a stereo pot for the L& R channels.
A led, a switch and 3 electrolytic capacitors.

1st ) There are no powered outputs going to the pod so what is the other jack for ? The Plus and Minus and also the 1/2 Voltage arrive at the pod but there is no OPAmp for HPs inside.
2nd) There's a rail splitter for virtual ground that serves the inverting inputs of the OPAmps inside. Strangely, I cannot locate the summing/mix stage in the quad Opamp, just the signal coming from...where ? Hmmmm...it's not possible that it's done with SMD components underneath the pod PCB :rolleyes:
3rd) The 20 K pot I put for replacement still cuts the treble at low volume, I'll put 10 K. Strangely, there's a dedicated line stage with a dual OpAmp for L&R
The quad power amp is STA540. The speakers are all 4 Ω.

SO what's inside that Z4 control pod ? I'm starting to suspect that is populated underneath :p:mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.