Modifying a Wireless Subwoofer..some input needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for the bad pun, but i'm really not in the mood to be joking since my wife just got taken by the white speaker van scam and she came home with a $200 Madrid Audio Wireless Soundbar and Subwoofer system.

Sigh.

So, on the flip side, she's reactivated my audio bug that I used to have for so many years on the car and home audio side..but i'm mucho rusty. Putting aside the piece of **** soundbar for a second, i want to focus on the subwoofer.

Advertised as a long drive, 8" 6ohm unit, it comes self contained with a heatsink inside the enclosure, the circuit board and a small (500watts my ***..if lightning struck maybe) amplification packet.

In running it, the soundbar on mute, and sub gains on the soundbar turned up..wait, what gains? Oh you mean the subwoofer volume selector <slaps head>. Anyways, crank those babies up and oh what's that? muffled freakin' voices coming through an audio element which shouldn't be passing anything through it.

On close inspection..no crossovers in site. <SIGH>

Thus begins the rebuilding/modifying. I don't want to pour a ton of money into this, but at the same time..i need a crossover and a need a relatively good driver.

Has anyone here attempted to do something similar? I think the positive is that i have a wireless unit to modify and hopefully sound better..maybe. :xmasman:

Hi,

You have provided no useful information or any inkling you really
have any real idea how to improve what you are saying is poor.

Madrid Audio?

At least your wife didn't pay the very silly $2.3K for it.

rgds, sreten.

You can expect muffled voices coming through on a cheap subwoofer.
That does not mean it is poor, it must be judged with the soundbar.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.