Possible small sub with Dayton UM12-22 12" Ultimax

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been working on designing and building my own HT sub the past couple of weeks, and finally came up with an idea that (I think) is pretty solid, so I figured I had better ask you guys to look at it and see if its even worth building and what suggestions you would make with it.

My goal here is something compact, with a good range thats also inexpensive; and although PR's add a bit to the price, it allowed me to keep box size down while still getting the lowest tuning I could realisticlly want in the room. The room is 15x 45 and 10ft ceilings (roughly) and this will be 70% ht, 30% music

For the driver I chose the new Dayton UM12-22 12" Ultimax wired in series for 4ohm wiring, and went with a 17in x 17in x 17in box and a CSS APR-15 passive radiator with 850g of added weight. My plan currently is to have the ultimax downward firing and the radiator forward firing.

I was looking at the dayton SPA1000 plate amp for this build, since I was able to hit the the 18hz HPF people say it has without overexerting the radiator.

Please let me know your thoughts, or if someone has a design superior to that I should look at instead. I'd much rather DIY over the winter as a project over buying a commercial sub.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.