Need help setting the gain

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I had two audiobahn ALUM10N...drivers blew because the gain was set to high I guess. So I contacted VMInnovations and amazingly enough my warranty was still active... So They're sending me 2 brand new ones and My Amp is a Hifonics HFI 2000D . AMP Specs

RMS Power at 4 ohms: 650 watts x 1 chan.
RMS Power at 2 ohms: 1300 watts x 1 chan.
RMS Power at 1 ohms: 2000 watts x 1 chan.
Maximum Power Output: 2000 watts

The specs for the subs are Sensitivity: 95.6 dB 1600 watt peak 800 Watt RMS Frequency response: 20 Hz - 500 Hz Impedance: 6 ohms Dual Voice Coil

The subs are ran at 1.5 Ohms but I'm thinking of wiring them 3ohms so I don't blow the drivers again this time. (Meaning I'd have to wire them separately...but if that means saving my subs for an extra few months til I get my sundown, I'm good for it.) or I can wire them both at 6 ohms

My audiobahns are leaving my sealed box and into a ported box..for I've blown so many subs in a sealed box...plus the sound in my cab isn't all that great.

I was gunna say the exact same thing. First I was gunna say dont trust audiobahn's specs, then I was gunna say that sensitivity figure is deff wrong! (well maybe it's correct with cabin gain factored in, or if xmax was very low) And I am not personally a fan of audiobahn's but hey if you're getting new ones for free give Em a shot!!

And with the hifonics amp I'd trust the more conservative 4 ohm rating for low (er) frequencies. Just keep the gain way down on the amp, to avoid clipping / DC voltage from being applied to your subs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.