Which 12 inch kit sealed for Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Currently using an M&K V75 MK II with a 12inch driver, it was good until I heard a smaller REL with a 10 inch driver that goes deeper. :eek: Any 12 inch kits available that would equal or trump :D the REL. Looking at a sealed 12 inch XXLS Peerless and Rythmik kits. Any other options ?

REL stuff goes very low - several of their models go down into single figures of Hz.

If you wanted to match that, I'd get a couple (more the better) of long-throw 12" (or bigger, but decent Xmax and power handling is important) drivers, mount in sealed boxes and have two different, switchable, LT circuits: one to go very low (<20Hz, take your pick), the other to go to ~30Hz, but louder.

Unless you have lots of really big drivers, you won't get those infrasonics with any serious volume.

ESP - The Linkwitz Transform Circuit

Hi qguy,

With your maximum dimensions you'll be most likely limited to the sealed 12" Rythmik Audio subwoofer. If you go with diy electronics, see chris661's suggestion, you would have a wider field of drivers, but not necessarily better.

Regards,

Last edited:
even more options

Here is a list I put together when I was looking for a 12"-ish driver for a sealed sub. I think the prices are Parts Express prices at the time. I ended up with a pair of used woofers which are no longer available. But before I found them I was leaning toward the Tang Band WQ-1858.

Attachments

• subwoofers.gif
    subwoofers.gif
    14 KB · Views: 155
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.