What is better? Big diameter or long throw?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
kelticwizard said:
Some time back, the people at Stryke ran some tests and discovered that group delay for a sub is associated with transient response. The higher the group delay, the worse the transient response. So a low group delay is nice to have, if for that reason alone.

I wonder if that was simply because they didn't add a compensating delay in the main audio feed?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
amo said:
I wonder how many designs even consider the time domain as apposed to only concentrating on the frequency domain...

Probably very few. My current loudspeakers have clear defects due to my failure to add 1.2ms of delay (measured requirement). Frequency response is tickety-boo. Trouble is, 1.2ms is an awful lot of delay for analogue, but I hate the idea of coverting to digits and back again. The next loudspeakers will be designed to avoid this delay requirement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.