Dynaudio 30W100 sub design problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now, 12 year later ....

I have a pair of 30W100's that I would like to use as a subwoofer. I checked with winISD and some other tools and figured the best use is in a compound sealed box.

The variovents seem to be able to lower a Qbox a bit, but another possibility would be to use a passive High-pass filter. This method is used quite a bit in Germany by Canton and others.

Based upon articles by Timmermanns in Hobby-hifi I buuilt a spreadsheet which indicates I should be able to make a compound closed box of "only" 120 Liter (that is still very big) with a 1980mF cap in series with the 30W100's.

There seems to be some compound 5 based design, but I have not been able to get all details. The compound box is coupled by a variovent in front of the interior compound bass-speaker. Cannot make sense of this design.

Another ways is too built a very small box for 1 unit 30W100 and electronically compensate the hell out of it. It is an overdampened box and with a 36dB high pass filter and a couple of hundreds of watts it should sing, design by Delaleu in L'Audiophile (I guess my Hirage 20W Class A is not suited :eek: )

Any idea what is the best solution?

Regards,

Hjalmar Dijkstra

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.