Hornresp

The only thing I understand is you guys are saying it's OK to model pyramidal segments and build a 2 parallel sided enclosure. I don't need to have measured any enclosures or have a PhD in acoustics to know that situation is not correct. My initial argument is, if you are not building a pyramidal enclosure, then don't use CON or EXP in HR. It's basic knowledge that a rectangle is not a cone or pyramid.

I stated a parabolic enclosure can have exponential expansion, meaning the CSA's can go 2cm2, 4cm2, 16cm2, etc and the segment lengths can go 2cm, 4cm, 16cm, etc. The 2 parallel sides kills the exponential performance. How is that not understanding?

It's funny how I provided links to articles and an actual conical horn build that say the same thing, yet I'm the one not understanding.

Geez, I can't believe I forgot to mention...PAIR and PARAlleL are in the word PARAboLIc. 2 is key. You guys really need to watch that video I posted.

There are no pairs or parallels in conical or exponential.

I have seen one, but unfortunately I do not have a photograph of it to post.

The two flat parallel sides were wedge (triangular) shaped, expanding from a width of about 5 cm at the throat end to a curved exit at the mouth end. The length would have been about 50 cm and the width at the mouth was about that also. The two parallel sides were separated by approximately 5 cm. The horn had a parabolic expansion rate, obviously.

The directional megaphone I saw had the same general shape as the horn in the attached photo. Unlike a bullhorn though, it had no amplifier.

(The dimensions were different and the included angle was less than the ones shown in the image below).

Horn.jpg