carver m1.5t

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi joepro,
I don't recall any figures on that. The PM-1.5t has a change of sensitivity during it's production run. Early units were 3.0 V for rated power and that changed to 1.5 V. So the gain was 26 dB, then 32 dB. The 32 dB figure was common for most consumer models. I find that a little high.

-Chris

I need the #'s so LUMINOUS AUDIO TECHNOLOGY can dial in a passive pre-amp for me. as I have not purchased the amp yet it looks like I just have to wait and see what model I wind up with. but thanks for the reply anatech at least I now have something to work with

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi joepro,
Most amps run around 30 dB worth of gain, + or - a few dB. It isn't that critical. The exceptions are those "fantastic" amps cobbled together in someone's basement or some low production quantity amps where they don't adhere to any standards. Chasing perfection.

Consider this one point. In 5 years you may have the same preamp (or not). What amp might you have then?

So relax and get one as close to normal as possible. There is no such thing as perfect anyhow. ;)

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.