500 WPC on 24v for $69

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the same seller
diyextreme
has only good recommendations records form buyers/sellers

What I can know from looking and reading
it is very good amplifiers.

He also has got 3 tube pre amplifiers for sale
from which TWO are for use with Gainclone amp.

The starting bid is in all cases $69.

- Stereo Chipamp 500+500 watts Good sound

- 6DJ8 6922 7308 6N1P Preamplifier Multi Gain For Diy

- 6DJ8 6922 7308 6N1P Preamplifier For chipamp gainclone

- #2 Stereo Chipamp 500+500 watts Good sound

- Preamplifier for Gainclone Chipamp 6DJ8 6922 7308 6N1P
Items for Sale by diyxtreme :
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZdiyxtreme

048f_1.JPG

Line Preamplifier with Tone Control

You can use 6DJ8 6922 7308 6N1P tube in this Preamplifier with tone control.It has Muting Circuit.

Spectification

Frequendy Response: +/-0.2 dB from 5Hz - 100Khz
Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.1%
Input impedance: 100K

- Use 2X6N1P in Standard Preamplifier (Use in Audio Research VS55 ,Musical Fidelity X-10)
- Support 6DJ8 6922 7308 ECC88 E88CC CV2492 E188CC 6N23P
- Tone Control Bass Treble Adjustment +-10 dB
- Muting Protection by OMRON
- USE Nichicon Capacitor 105 C in Supply Circuit
- USE Q4 Capacitor in singnal circuit
- Use Resistor cabon film 5%
- 3 input selector TAPE,CD,AUX,TUNER
- MUTE Switch
- PCB Design by Protel

- This Preamplifier need Tranformer 180VAC - 0 150mA , 9VAC - 0 1A For Complete.

--------------------------------------

Uses for example 400V MKP Polypropylene input capacitors.
This is just about as good as it can get. (50-100V MKP is lower in price)
:)
I do not think this seller use anything faked to fool somebody.
On the contrary, whatever you buy,
you will get very high DIY quality stuff
for your money.

New year 2007!
lineup

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
>> 500 WPC on 24v for $69

Well if you've spent as much time going back and forth between Asia and NA as I do, you'd know that physics (not to mention trademarks and copyrights) -as we know it- :whazzat: simply doesn't apply when it comes to marketing ones goodies. Nor does it apply to QC.

But I agree that these make for interesting DIY parts 'grab bags'.

..Todd

Those are definately fake output transistors, the first giveaway is the BCE legs which flare out very abruptly before the plastic pack on a genuine device 1.5-2mm.Also if you notice there is no beta code O or Y, not likely that Toshiba just forgot to mark them properly, atleast the jerks counterfeiting them should have taken the time to cover that detail. Those look like the ones i got burned with a couple years back, crack them open and find some white goo over the wafer luckily i was aware of the counterfeit problem and always cracked suspicious items open before using them...

Colin

Nordic said:
I saw an amp marked 1000W PMPO
and in smaller print below 50 + 50W RMS

The 1000W PMPO was in a font about 4 times the size of the second.

hehe
yup
I have gotten into arguments about pmpo

Peak momentary peak output
tested for a millisecond under lab conditions

A local salesman was trying to sell me a sterio with a pmpo rating.(s*ny)
I called him on it. With a few more customers in his poor quality shop
He was nearly ready to throw me out.I still bought a poor quality guitar off this poor quality guy(and bad music teacher)

PmPo is a big problem in australia
I actually know alot of people who think thay have 1000 watts
But a fav saying on the lh forum
Ignorance is bliss

After seeing many designs from down under and Europe, I have been thinking of a new power rating: I can't decide on 'Aussie Watts', or 'Euro Watts'.

Someone here suggested tou could get 400W/8R out of this POS running on ±35V, right.

The 50LB+ HK Citation 16 puts out about 450W in mono. It has four hugh beer-can-sized computer grade filter caps, two large transformers, twenty 250W TO-3 case power transistors, and runs on about ±65V, and is a 19" rack mount that is 8-3/4" tall.

I work with RF, the power there is measures in peak input watts to the final. This may (or may not) be an indicator of what gets into the air, too many variables.

"12 evaluations total, but only 3 from buyers"

How very right. When I got back onto eBay after a long absence I made a bunch of $1 purchases just to get a 100% feedback (some sellers won't even let you bid on their stuff otherwise). As Gigapod pointed out, only one sale on electronics can be verified, and due to the nature of eBay, feedback was probably left before he even had a chance to build the thing (although how bad can you mess up a design straight from the National Semiconductor app notes?).

For the same amount of money I can buy a blown PA amp with a nice power supply, heatsink, front panel, etc, and have some real parts for a project. I buy Crown amps for a song, the DC300A has a heatsink drilled for twenty TO-3 devices, and a 1.5KVA transformer. It will do 150W/8R (real watts, not 'Aussie Watts', or 'Euro Watts').

The only 'real' power I recognize is the square of the RMS current times the load impedance (average power), and both channels driven at 20hz. The fact that most inexpensive amps will put out 6dB more than this mid-band with one channel driven just tells me how poor their power supply really is.

Hi,
The fact that most inexpensive amps will put out 6dB more than this mid-band with one channel driven just tells me how poor their power supply really is.
I agree that dynamic headroom is a measure of badness in an amplifier even though the marketing departments have convinced the majority that headroom in a power amp is an asset.

Can amps really get that bad: +6db into rated load @ 1kHz?

anybody
that took the time to download the many pictures
from Thailand
from different angles and from details
of each of this guy diyextreme offerings
and had a look at those components to be found

would, if they know about quality
see this is not a case of fooling, fraud or fake
I repeat this:
you will get good value for money

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not mean
I believe all figures in his sales argument.

But the ones refuse a buy because everything told is not
'the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth'
:D ... will end up with almost nothing

And those with the illusions everything told in ads
are correct and tell what is good and not good
... does not know much of the audio world,
of which diy audio is a part of.

======================================
Honesty,
if you have to sell some of your audio stuff:
Would you tell the absolute truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Okay, I am sure a few would be 100% honest.
But I am just as sure about
they belong to Minority here.

======================================

In the audio business world, and in diyaudio
we have to know, we have to filter the subjective reality
as told by the owner of an amplifier.
This is an untold but agreed and understood rule we live by.
... in the audio world ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And furthermore
There is no reason looking down on japanese, chinese, russain
or other people from Eastern part of world in advance.
This in my dictionary is called prejudgement[/d].
Each person is an individual and has the right to be treated like a person.
As well as all in western world are not all the same crooks.
I think our Asian living friends can sign up on this fact!

I attach one detail picture I have downloaded of
diyextreme
amplifier

New Year 2007
lineup
Lineup Audio Amplifiers
http://lineup.awardspace.com/

Attachments

• diyextreme500w.jpg
    diyextreme500w.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 186
I think this guys price is actually quite high compared to what you can get elsewhere. MF is selling GemSound's XP-360(I think) for $99 with free freight if you buy something else to get your order $ up. And it's a complete working amp with with a transformer and a case and stuff. Even speaker connections if you can believe it. This thing comes in at $87 delivered and you still need quite a bit more pricey parts. I wonder if he would post a schematic as what he's really selling is cheap labor and that's something I buy all the time. We all do.
John...

whatsnext said:
I think this guys price is actually quite high compared to what you can get elsewhere. MF is selling GemSound's XP-360(I think) for $99 with free freight if you buy something else to get your order $ up. And it's a complete working amp with with a transformer and a case and stuff. Even speaker connections if you can believe it. This thing comes in at $87 delivered and you still need quite a bit more pricey parts. I wonder if he would post a schematic as what he's really selling is cheap labor and that's something I buy all the time. We all do.
John...
Well said, John.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gem-Sound-XP350-Stereo-Power-Amp?sku=481216

I think you meant the XP-350, and yes it's on sale for $80 (free shipping) at MF. A good deal if one is looking for a PA amp and certainly a much better deal than the ... thing... that is the subject of this thread.

In this case, I think the following article from Wikipedia applies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

Gigapod said:

Well said, John.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gem-Sound-XP350-Stereo-Power-Amp?sku=481216

I think you meant the XP-350, and yes it's on sale for $80 (free shipping) at MF. A good deal if one is looking for a PA amp and certainly a much better deal than the ... thing... that is the subject of this thread.

In this case, I think the following article from Wikipedia applies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

I have about five of the 350's that I bought, not working, very cheaply to get parts. Turns out all of them were fine because the MF techs are not too techy. Except for the fan noise they are really good sounding amps and would satisfy the majority of critical listeners as long as they didn't have to see it. I dropped the voltage to the fans by 1/2 and lost about 3/4 of the noise. They have a 1943/5200 pair per channel and a 300VA 43-0-43 tranny. $80 delivered is a screaming deal espesially if you treat it like a 50watt/channel amp which is what it really is.
John........

lineup said:
I repeat this:
you will get good value for money
Your a priori knowledge of what a good deal is impresses me. Do you invest in futures?

Here is a better informed p.o.v.: http://sound.westhost.com/counterfeit.htm

Also, you will note that not a single diode or resistor in the pictures on the bidding site ad had its leads properly formed.

Advising people to buy this POS based on your premonitory powers is simply ...well, let me put it mildly... wrong.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.