High end diy amps schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
Could someone indicate me diy links for amps having a commercial
equivalent of about 2,000 or 3,000 dollars?
For instance, is it possible to find a Jeff Rowland like amp schematic(or some other trade mark) being of the same quality but not of the same price...
Thank you

The power follower was the first Class A amp that I built. It is only ok in my book and its output is capacitively coupled so there is that problem too... but its a good beginners amp to build. When you shop for heat sinks decide on what you want and then double that size and you might have enough. For that size amp it runs really, really hot!

Mark

Hello! yes the output stage is decoupled By a 4700 uF capacitor to block the DC....but you must consider thath most of the design with no output capacitors have a double power supply (in this case tha amp work with a single power supply...) so the capacitors on the signal path remain two....

I have buildt other class A amp (this one is no the best but not so bad... ;-) )...

I post the schematic...

Attachments

• pwrfollower.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,001
--- most of the design with no output capacitors have a double power supply (in this case tha amp work with a single power supply...) so the capacitors on the signal path remain two....---

This kind of amps can deliver DC, so their power supply cannot be considered in the signal path. If it were, the caps would limit the low frequencies response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.