A CFB BJT preamp - any comments?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here it goes:

Attachments

• cfb.gif
    cfb.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,350
First: 100 ohms input impedance? A bit low, don't you think?

Second: As amp it will work but you must consider different transistors (not 100% alike) and establish working conditions.

Your design is pretty much alike mine and it works splendidly. As pointed out earlier, the power supply must be clean due to poor PSRR.

You must have 22-47 pF at least from the Q11, Q12 collectors down to ground in order to get a nice step response.

There is a difference in behaviour of non-inverting and inverting circuit of this kind. For gain like 10x it does not matter, for 1x the inverting behaves much better. We could increase input impedance of the inverting to some 1k and FB to 10k and still having excellent parameters. Buffer at the input would be needed. Not a case for non-inverting.

What kind of comments? This is a "PIM-free" topology ;)

Sorry for the second question, I'm answered myself. :)
For
I1 = Ic1 + Ib1 + Ib4
I2 = Ic2 + Ib2 + Ib3
I3 = Ib15 + Ie13
I4 = Ib16 + Ie14

At the condition of the same transistor , we can reduce :

I1 = Ic + 2 × Ib
I2 = Ic + 2 × Ib

Correct me if i'm wrong, i am a beginner in electronic. :angel:

Have a nice day.

I don't want to reinventing the wheel so I propose to use a couple of BC 54x / 55x .

The maximal frequency are 300 MHz. Capacitances for input is 10 pF and at the output is around 1,7 and 4,5 pF. I think your two criterias are satisfied.

Not hard, I already studied your Dispre design and some other. On solid state, i always look your job. Verry happy to help you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.