JLH 10W integrated?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've just finished a JLH 10W amp (1969 version). After a couple of hours of listening all I can say is that I am very very pleased with it (it's too early to evaluate it in deep, even when I must solve adequately the heating issue, and improve some connections...).
I'm listening the amp connected to a Discman through the headphones out, so I can control volume. I was wondering if it is possible to connect a CD through a volume pot without a preamplifier. If so, can anyone explain me how to do it (values and layout)???

Thanks,

JP.

JP

The sensitivity of the JLH is such that it can easily be driven to maximum output from a CD player. A simple potentiometer between the CD output and the JLH input is all that is required, provided the interconnects are kept reasonably short (say <1m). A dual 10kohm log pot is suitable, with the CD output wired across the pot and the amp input taken from the wiper. email me if you would like a more detailed diagram.

Geoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.