Changing inputs and outputs on DH-200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all. Some of you remember me with the DH-200 switch that went bad. You all helped me out GREATLY. Thanks!!

I have read though this WHOLE thread. WOW, what great info.

I want to change out my inputs and outputs on the amp. I want to go with maybe gold plated. Better than what the originals are. What do you all recomend? The originals are starting to corode.

I deal alot with www.partsexpress.com . Do you all know if anything from there would work? Somehting that would be a "drop in" fit?

Jake

Ok. I picked up a gold plated panel mount phono jack from the Rat Shack. Didnt work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, after studying both left and right boards, I noticed that they were identical. So why is the right chanel input grounded through a resistor but the left grounded directly to the chassis?

I do appologize for the repeat in this thread (posting in DH-200 mods) But I figured there was so much going on in that thread that I didnt want to change the subject.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
leave that resistor in place;

or you can do it as I do it always:
isolate input jacks from case
solder piece of coax to each (hot on hot,gnd to gnd)
solder just live end on pcb,and insulate braid (screen) on that end
solder two pieces of thin insulated wire on central ground (central earth point -between two electrolytics) then route and solder one wire to one input jack's gnd and other wire to other input jack's gnd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.