Looking for schematics...got a lot of parts...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi, i am new to this board. Been playing with amps since i am born.
I got a 30v x2 7amp toroidal transformer and a big pile of irfp250r.
I got also a lot of 34800uf /50v sangamo caps (with bolts on top).
So, i would like to build a solid power amp capable of driving 4 ohm loads.

I got some car power amplifier schematics and some show simplicity and can drive 2 ohm loads in bridged mode. I would like to find something else, even something with regular bipolar transistors.

BTW, i have build a Pass A class power amp, the last zen version.
sounds very good but unpractical, needs fan, power supply needs to be fine filtered,...I have build a huge enclosure for this amp, all aluminum, with super big heat sinks on each sides. I want to use this enclosure for this project.
Anyway, my goal is to drive 2 El-Pipo (if am sure you all knows them) wich will be mounted into the basement of my house.
I got 2 10 inches Clarion subwoofers rated at 375wrms max each to do this project.

BTW2, i have a Luxman tube cd player that i have tricked a litle bit. I have replaced the tube predrivers (opamp) with a replacement board wich duplicates the op amp but with discrete fets. Sounds way better.

thanks for any inputs !!

( i have pictures that i can share, but nowhere to host them :( )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.