The Output stage querries !!!

Gentlemen,

Iam looking to build an amplifier for myself with IPs(considering spooky, ComSuMo, Wolverine, GLA surviour) & OPs on different board so that I can interchange the IPs only incase required.

Iam looking for 2 options:

1. Lateral Mosfet stage OPS

2. BJT OPs stage

As a DIY starter want suggestion on OPs:
a. If I consider Slewmaster OPs with drivers changes to Lateral mosfets(not sure if anyone has tried this way) what could be effected in terms of sonics ?
b. Has anyone tried https://www.synaesthesia.ca/OP-stage.html ?? Or any better suggestion with L-Mosfet OPs is requested.

Thank in Advance,
Suman

And where are you going to put the VAS? I'd suggest on the first board with the IS as the interface between IS and VAS is much more sensitive to contact resistance and noise than the interface between VAS and OS.

I'd suggest having a jumper selection so that you can either have the feedback network connected to the output of the OS, or the output of the VAS (which means you can test the IS+VAS without an OS).

I've done a similar thing in a couple of my designs, partly to allow studying stages in isolation, partly to reduce the BOM when experimenting with various opamp based topologies, for instance this post shows one of my circuits I implemented split between pcbs, as witnessed by the second dotted line on the schematic:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/348646-nic-opamp-vas-topology-3.html#post6224670

Will Check that Mark.

Also I found that OPS of Kenwood L-A1 is little different compared to normal ones, as it says "The proeminent feature of the L-A1 lies in the output stages and is named Quadrive : instead of having a quadruple push-pull of power transistors driven by a single pair of predrivers, the L-A1 sports an equal amount of predrivers and output transistors.
Truly parallel quadruple push-pull, like four amplifiers in one. The benefits are a better balance between transistors, high gain, less heat dissipation and lots of current in reserve"

Schematic is @ Kenwood L-A1 often not out of protection

source of above lines : Kenwood L-A1 on thevintageknob.org

This OPS seems interesting....